Kickdown lever

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTGSTANG

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible red/white interior. Engine: 302 V8 w/air, upgraded Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Petronix, Holly 600cfm carb, power windows.
I was doing some work yesterday and saw that the kickdown lever does move backwards and "clicks" to down shift, but then it stays there. It doesn't automatically move back forward unless I pushed it with my hand. Is there supposed to be a return spring that attaches? This is a Holley 600 four barrel carb the previous owner installed. I wonder if it broke or just not put back...:huh:

Pretty sure there should be a spring, fairly light, just enough to pull it back

I was doing some work yesterday and saw that the kickdown lever does move backwards and "clicks" to down shift, but then it stays there. It doesn't automatically move back forward unless I pushed it with my hand. Is there supposed to be a return spring that attaches? This is a Holley 600 four barrel carb the previous owner installed. I wonder if it broke or just not put back...:huh:
I believe this is what you need. There should already be a hole in your base plate to bolt the bracket to. If not it is easy enough to drill and tap one.

http://www.holley.com/20-60.asp

I just used a universal spring bracket which attached to an intake manifold bolt and a light spring the appropriate length.

I believe this is what you need. There should already be a hole in your base plate to bolt the bracket to. If not it is easy enough to drill and tap one.

http://www.holley.com/20-60.asp

I just used a universal spring bracket which attached to an intake manifold bolt and a light spring the appropriate length.
That's exactly it. I just installed mine a couple weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back