Lakewood bellhousing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims72

Reaction score
My Car
Original owner of 72 flat back
Hey all, I have an old Lakewood SBF BH. Need to convert it to cable actuated from z bar type. Found this on ebay. 79-93 MUSTANG McLEOD CLUTCH FORK 1" LONGER SCATTERSHIELD. Any one have experience with this fork?.....thanks, j

I bought one for a 429/460 already modified I built my kit car, uses fox body cable setup.

What engine are you looking to use this on? I think Lakewood offers a small block bell for the cable setup?

I bought one for a 429/460 already modified I built my kit car, uses fox body cable setup.

What engine are you looking to use this on? I think Lakewood offers a small block bell for the cable setup?
Either a Cl or the 5.0 that's in there now. I converted to cable years ago. Would like to install a Richmond 6sp. but that requires a different bell than the 84 that's in there now. I have a Lakewood, but it's old z bar style. So I thought that this fork would make life a little less complicated/expensive.

Ah, ok. And the problem is the depth of the bellhousing right? The PN that is already set up for the cable is for the wrong input shaft length and/ or trans bolt pattern?

I have an old McLeod (set up for the old Toploader input shaft length) that I laid a 5.0L block plate on and drilled a hole for the cable. I then measured how far the fork pivot nut was from the bore and just welded a nut to the inside of the bell that would take the ball stud fork pivot. I haven't used it yet but it looks like it would work. This would be for a 302/ toploader using the Modern Driveline cable conversion...

Ah, ok. And the problem is the depth of the bellhousing right? The PN that is already set up for the cable is for the wrong input shaft length and/ or trans bolt pattern?

I have an old McLeod (set up for the old Toploader input shaft length) that I laid a 5.0L block plate on and drilled a hole for the cable. I then measured how far the fork pivot nut was from the bore and just welded a nut to the inside of the bell that would take the ball stud fork pivot. I haven't used it yet but it looks like it would work. This would be for a 302/ toploader using the Modern Driveline cable conversion...
Yup, that's the plan I have too...j

Latest posts

Back