large black wire with little green dashes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbuyer

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible Mustang
Hi, can anybody tell me what the large black wire that runs with the engine harness on the passenger side engine is? It is a larger black wire with little green or yellow dashes on the outside (sorry I am a wee bit colour blind) This is part of the engine harness that has the sender wires in it and choke wire. etc? It has a female bullit type connector on the end. Thank you

By the way, you guys are a great help, I hope to meet some of you someday at a show

Hi, can anybody tell me what the large black wire that runs with the engine harness on the passenger side engine is? It is a larger black wire with little green or yellow dashes on the outside (sorry I am a wee bit colour blind) This is part of the engine harness that has the sender wires in it and choke wire. etc? It has a female bullit type connector on the end. Thank you

By the way, you guys are a great help, I hope to meet some of you someday at a show
Do you have a convertible by any chance? It may be the power line for the convertible top...that's the only line I can think of that's on the passenger side with a three-prong female connector.

The only only thick black wire with yellow dots that comes to mind at the moment is the one that runs from the positive side of the starter selonoid over to the firewall above the main harness. It has its own grommet going into the firewall. Once through the firewall it runs through a small piece of plastic conduit that travels down behind the emergency brake assembly and ends there. I

Does it have a yellow connector with 3 female connections on it?

The only only thick black wire with yellow dots that comes to mind at the moment is the one that runs from the positive side of the starter selonoid over to the firewall above the main harness. It has its own grommet going into the firewall. Once through the firewall it runs through a small piece of plastic conduit that travels down behind the emergency brake assembly and ends there. I

No, I thin k that wire has the circuit breaker attached to the +side of solenoid for lights. I already asked what that one was lol..... I will take a picture and post it maybe that may help

No, I thin k that wire has the circuit breaker attached to the +side of solenoid for lights. I already asked what that one was lol..... I will take a picture and post it maybe that may help

mustang wire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Black yellow dash, single female connector, right side, sounds like it could be under hood light, if the car had that option, which was part of the convenience group I think. Chuck

Back