Last couple of days

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Peetz

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1
Well it has been about a month since i have been able to work on the mach and had a couple days here before i head back to work and took advantage of it.

I have the new quarters in place, 1 floor pan in place(gonna wait on the other floor pan till i get the 1 welded in), a couple engine aprons in place, new rad support in place, headlights in place, and grill.

I have everything screwed into place. I want to test fit everything before i start welding things in place. I have an issue with the rear quarters or bumper. I will start another thread for that.

Will post a couple photos and will link to the album.

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Link to album

http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/260shooter/Parts%20fitting/

Your rear bumper is from 69-70. The 71-73 bumper is more flat on top.

Looking at pic 16 in photobuket you can see that bumper doesn't match qrt endcap. No doubt the bumper is 69-70.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim

It is a site to upload your photos to. It makes it pretty easy to put images in your post. Just copy the link and it puts in your image.

Thanks guys. I am thinking to Mach that it is the wrong bumper. The car had been hit in the rear or rear passenger quarter at some point in its life and someone slapped on this bumper. The whole passenger quarter has already been replaced but it had some rust issuse by the trunk drop off and wheel well area so i am redoing it.

Everything else is fitting rather well for me not to think it is the bumper.

Back