Leaf Springs or not

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 leaf and stock spring shacks on ours did it last week air shocks let you lower or raise at will just a thought . Nice car

4 leaf and stock spring shacks on ours did it last week air shocks let you lower or raise at will just a thought . Nice car
Doing the leaf first and then see how the car looks and rides. My body shop guy did say to stay away from air shocks. Not sure why though.

Guess I'll ask him when I see him soon.

Here's a before and after pic with the new leaf springs and Monroe shocks. The guy said that he measured before and after for a 1 1/4 height difference. The car does handle a lot better now.

Next is front and rear spoiler and the center of the NASA hood painted satin back.

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

Doing the leaf first and then see how the car looks and rides. My body shop guy did say to stay away from air shocks. Not sure why though.

Guess I'll ask him when I see him soon.
The air shocks will stress the body where they bolt through the floor,some guys have reported cracking in that area due to stress caused from trying to lift with shocks,best to let the springs do the lifting.

Back