Lets keep this a secret from my fiance please

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really much on modified cars but you know what? I like it. It's different. The strips look like a modern version of the 70 boss 302. and the side scoops have a Shelby style. I've often wondered what the 71-73 Shelby would have looked like had ol Carroll built one. maybe a lot like yours. Good luck and welcome from Mass. Oh and congratz she sounds like my kinda Gal.

Welcome from West Texas! ::thumb::

Good lookin' car - kinda reminds me of one of the recent Hot Wheels releases:

'71_Mustang_Mach_I-2013_224.jpg

Also has a little bit of "Transformers Toy" look to me as well - which is a good thing, in my book (I'm thinkin' definitely an Autobot LOL).

The upper scoops - yeah, I agree those probably need to go - they're just 'wannabe '67 Shelby add-ons.'

The lowers, however... I don't hate them. They seem to fit in with the car's lines and extend the Mustang design a little more into the '71-'73 years.

Good luck with the car - I'm sure it'll be a big hit!

Welcome from Oregon

Just wait until she gets grease under her nails, you will "bond" and you will both be happy as it is something that you are doing together. I found a 73 Grande the was almost completed and gave that to my wife for her birthday. She was going at it this weekend with the Q- tips detailing the interior on the dash. She will enjoy taking you for a ride.

Thanks again for all the welcomes from around the globe!

I installed a missing ground wire from the battery neg to the body today. Also checked the other production data. Can't read much other than it was built in KC and 2.75 auto trans.

It was cold but tried to start until I flooded it. Ha! Let her sit a bit and she fired right up. Learning the personality is half the fun right?

The more I look at this car the more I think I found a pretty good one. Tried to look at the cowl but need more time to figure out how. Didn't see any significant signs of rust but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Fun day with a fun car and an old friend.

20150217_121750.jpg

So it turns out my fiance' is quite a car girl and is in love with Mach 1's of the '71 variety. What a gal huh? We're getting hitched in June in the skies over Albuquerque in a balloon just for fun. I've done the fancy wedding thing and we wanted to keep it simple so there ya go.

I was planning on buying her a lovely wedding ring but she saved me that expense when she also fell in love with the simple little engagement ring I bought her. What a gal huh?

Well, instead of another ring I decided I should get a '71 for her. She likes black n white so I happened to come across a custom paint scheme fixer upper in black n white. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to get to work on "her" car! What a gal huh?

The problem now is trying to sneak away to work on it until June when we are official and I can unveil her wedding present. I have my old 78 vette that I'm working on now and she said I should get a lift so I can get underneath better. What a gal huh?

So anyway here I am trying to learn about my future frustrations and repairs on the new 71 muscle. Looking forward to learning about this car more and spending some time with it. Of course it's all about her. Anything for my gal.

Eric
Great and what a gal you have there! My wife and I were married last October in N Michigan and we used my 72 Mach 1 as our wedding car with our twin 3 year old daughters in the back as our flower girls!!

Back