Look at what came in today fellas!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

626HP @ 5300-6200RPMS (really HP is stuck at that HP in that range, 651FT TQ @ 4500rpms.

130412_0001.jpg

Last edited:
Holy stump puller, Batman!

Them's some wickedly stiff numbers at a low RPM!

Traction out to 1000' will be a concern :)

i had time to place the motor in the bay so that it doesn't take up space in the garage floor. and since i changed heads, i had to change head bolts, pushrods and later found out i had to get taller valve covers. engine builder had used ford racing valve covers he has had for years and i had brand new chrome valve covers. so we did a straight swap and i was worried if they would fit or not. if i had a stock master cylinder it would of fit but since i got a modern brake system with cobra brakes and MC i was really worried.

here is a few pics on how close it is to the valve cover.

as of now, i'm at a standstill cuz i need to do a new fuel system with a -10 an feed and return line but the gas tank is at the radiator shop getting new return and vent line fittings. i can't put drivetrain in because i don't have a clutch until monday or tuesday. all i could do right now is fit my new long tube/cross under 2 inch tube headers and if they fit, coat them with paint. then we are watching a car show and race on sunday. work is hectic right now so it'll be until the end of the month until i can drive the car.

i had time to place the motor in the bay so that it doesn't take up space in the garage floor. and since i changed heads, i had to change head bolts, pushrods and later found out i had to get taller valve covers. engine builder had used ford racing valve covers he has had for years and i had brand new chrome valve covers. so we did a straight swap and i was worried if they would fit or not. if i had a stock master cylinder it would of fit but since i got a modern brake system with cobra brakes and MC i was really worried.

here is a few pics on how close it is to the valve cover.

as of now, i'm at a standstill cuz i need to do a new fuel system with a -10 an feed and return line but the gas tank is at the radiator shop getting new return and vent line fittings. i can't put drivetrain in because i don't have a clutch until monday or tuesday. all i could do right now is fit my new long tube/cross under 2 inch tube headers and if they fit, coat them with paint. then we are watching a car show and race on sunday. work is hectic right now so it'll be until the end of the month until i can drive the car.
forgot to mention, the reason why the HP was stuck for 900rpms is because my low rise single plane intake is being a bottleneck of the entire motor. engine builder said if i got a victor intake, the horsepower and torque will match. and if i got a bigger cam i would get close to 700HP and 700TQ.

130412_0010.jpg

130412_0011.jpg

Last edited:
oooooo , exciting! I expect we"ll see videos of how that thing's gonna push you down the track when you're done . :D

DO NOT USE FRAM OIL FILTERS!!! I can not tell you how many times have seen them burst or the engine lose oil pressure.

Congrats on the big Motor.
I might need to use a smaller filter due to headers or use a repositioner. I cant find a smaller FL1 A with a bypass.

DO NOT USE FRAM OIL FILTERS!!! I can not tell you how many times have seen them burst or the engine lose oil pressure.

I might need to use a smaller filter due to headers or use a repositioner. I cant find a smaller FL1 A with a bypass.
I believe the FL 300 is a short FL1A.

I believe the FL 300 is a short FL1A.
Summit states no bypass!

Do you mind if I ask the specs?

Back