Look at what came in today fellas!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a perfect answer, just what I was thinking!! ;) You can also use the 460 cid towing package made by Ford. You can find them used from time to time, it's got the adjustable neck and it's got also fittings for the engine oil cooler. I was able to find NOS piece and been very happy with it. With that neck the only consern is the front sway bar. With my application the sway bar has hit hit the filter two times until I removed the sway bar since the car is primarily aimed for the quarter. Otherwise I would have gone to the remote oil filter location with the readily available kits from the Summitracing etc.

YES, very nice numbers Xoliex, ditch the dualplane, victor jr will wake then beast and it will loose next to none of the torque, get Dominator Victor Jr. with 1050 cfm dommy - get a HP ultra dommy and you will love it. I've got 460 cid with victor jr and with C460 camshaft and I can tell you that you don't ask more torque for the idle - it makes the tires squeak allready.

You did not mention the size of the enging but guessing it's a cleveland. I have Ansen valve covers on my alum heads that are Boss reproductions in unpolished finned alum and they have less severe squared corners and didnt need to have the oil splash guards removed from the underside to fit my gold race rockers. As for the filter you might consider a single remote filter installation. Canton makes some nice ones. The hoses not only add a little more oil but also provide for some additional cooling which is always good. Then you can use any filter you want. I believe the make a double filter system as well, but that takes up twice as much room. It looks very cool with the billet parts though!

It's a 460 based stoker engine, it goes awfully close with the motorsport style "bathtub" valvecovers, cause they are one tall puppies.

IMO according the picture, there's just enough clearence between brakelines and the valvecover. But if it comes an issue, you can allways use Blue Thunder Auto's Competition style valvecovers, they do clear even wider mastercylinder. If you use studgirdle you will need to double check the clearence, otherwise I would try them. They're not the cheapest ones around 400 bucks but they surely look good. There might be a slight grinding operation for the BT covers, in my application A429 heads you'll need to make minimal clearence for to clear the exh. valveretainers at cylinders 4 and 5 if my memory serves me correctly.

Kuva0248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i had time to place the motor in the bay so that it doesn't take up space in the garage floor. and since i changed heads, i had to change head bolts, pushrods and later found out i had to get taller valve covers. engine builder had used ford racing valve covers he has had for years and i had brand new chrome valve covers. so we did a straight swap and i was worried if they would fit or not. if i had a stock master cylinder it would of fit but since i got a modern brake system with cobra brakes and MC i was really worried.

here is a few pics on how close it is to the valve cover.

as of now, i'm at a standstill cuz i need to do a new fuel system with a -10 an feed and return line but the gas tank is at the radiator shop getting new return and vent line fittings. i can't put drivetrain in because i don't have a clutch until monday or tuesday. all i could do right now is fit my new long tube/cross under 2 inch tube headers and if they fit, coat them with paint. then we are watching a car show and race on sunday. work is hectic right now so it'll be until the end of the month until i can drive the car.

i had time to place the motor in the bay so that it doesn't take up space in the garage floor. and since i changed heads, i had to change head bolts, pushrods and later found out i had to get taller valve covers. engine builder had used ford racing valve covers he has had for years and i had brand new chrome valve covers. so we did a straight swap and i was worried if they would fit or not. if i had a stock master cylinder it would of fit but since i got a modern brake system with cobra brakes and MC i was really worried.

here is a few pics on how close it is to the valve cover.

as of now, i'm at a standstill cuz i need to do a new fuel system with a -10 an feed and return line but the gas tank is at the radiator shop getting new return and vent line fittings. i can't put drivetrain in because i don't have a clutch until monday or tuesday. all i could do right now is fit my new long tube/cross under 2 inch tube headers and if they fit, coat them with paint. then we are watching a car show and race on sunday. work is hectic right now so it'll be until the end of the month until i can drive the car.
forgot to mention, the reason why the HP was stuck for 900rpms is because my low rise single plane intake is being a bottleneck of the entire motor. engine builder said if i got a victor intake, the horsepower and torque will match. and if i got a bigger cam i would get close to 700HP and 700TQ.
Mine is even closer than that and I have no issues. Torque rotates the engine away from the master cylinder not into it.

I'm getting little bit of worried since it's been like two weeks when we last time heard from Xoliex. I am worried that he's binded between the enginehoist and the shocktower or someting??

C'mon we need to hear updates and see pictures!!!

I'm getting little bit of worried since it's been like two weeks when we last time heard from Xoliex. I am worried that he's binded between the enginehoist and the shocktower or someting??

C'mon we need to hear updates and see pictures!!!
hahaha, i'm still waiting on headers cuz the headers i received last time were for a earlier mustang. they were shipped yesterday and should be here monday. everything is ready to go after the headers are in. i'm going to install them with header mufflers inside the collector and finish them off with a short 3 inch head pipe with my 9 inch race schoenfeld bullet mufflers and then exited towards the side just after my ladderbar pointing away from the car.

oh yeah, lately all i've been doing is little things. today i worked on the trap door. its all rusted up and i want to install it so i have a barrier between the driver compartment and the trunk and to add about 20lbs or so to the back of the car.

i'm doing little stuff now so i don't have to do it after the exhaust is in.

Last edited:
Back