• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Looking For 71-73 Mustang Avocado Green Interior Parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67-73Dude

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang
Hello:
Would anyone happen to have any Avocado Green 71-73 Mustang std. door panels, upper trim strips, bases, arm rests, and shorty console?
Thanks

Center bezel is the only green interior part I have $45 plus shipping.

Attachments

• 9AC24500-6B7E-4471-BFB5-E28D80C39D84.jpeg
    9AC24500-6B7E-4471-BFB5-E28D80C39D84.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • C710F955-B285-4FD5-9567-BCF243EEB08D.jpeg
    C710F955-B285-4FD5-9567-BCF243EEB08D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • A1282E4A-F172-4B59-9A2E-5EEC85FE8619.jpeg
    A1282E4A-F172-4B59-9A2E-5EEC85FE8619.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 7A00982B-D6CD-4F25-B20C-C79417C2627B.jpeg
    7A00982B-D6CD-4F25-B20C-C79417C2627B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Hello:
Would anyone happen to have any Avocado Green 71-73 Mustang std. door panels, upper trim strips, bases, arm rests, and shorty console?
Thanks
Very hard color to find parts for. I have the same problem, fortunately my interior is in decent shape.

Not sure what you mean by upper trim strips, but if you are looking for the upper moldings above the door that hold the headliner in place on a Coupe, I have those, and I have a 2 spoke horn pad, passenger deluxe door handle cup, and steering column covers on my ebay store if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_6646.jpg
    IMG_6646.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6647.jpg
    IMG_6647.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
The upper trim strip on standard door panels is above the actual door panel, where you would often rest your arm or elbow while driving the car down the road. Commonly stained or rusty from sweat.

Avacado was a '73 only color for these cars, so you might have to repaint some of the parts. I've attached the SEM Colorcoat paint mix below.

View attachment 86708
Great information again Hemikiller! I had no idea that this interior color was only available for the 73 year. That explains a lot for all of us Avocado members. Thanks for sharing this formula sheet. I’m taking my dash panel, glove box and end panels to my local body shop this week for a fresh coat of paint and I’ll give this to them. It should help them a lot. When I talked to them about doing this work they were planning to use the existing condition color to match as best they could.

Great information again Hemikiller! I had no idea that this interior color was only available for the 73 year. That explains a lot for all of us Avocado members. Thanks for sharing this formula sheet. I’m taking my dash panel, glove box and end panels to my local body shop this week for a fresh coat of paint and I’ll give this to them. It should help them a lot. When I talked to them about doing this work they were planning to use the existing condition color to match as best they could.
It was in the cougars, too. They had like 8 different interior color codes in various body styles (15 combinations) for different avocado interiors.
I got my avocado console from west coast cougars from one of their cougars.

A little more info on the interior paint codes. Ford shows a Medium Avocado and a Light Avocado, which was used depending upon location of the parts as shown in the chart below. Not sure if anyone can cross those actual paint numbers any more, but if you're looking for 100% authenticity, it's worth a shot.

Keep in mind that many of the parts were never an exact match. They came from various suppliers and the colors could be all over the spectrum. The steering column area of my 71 Squire has at least four very different hues of medium blue.

1711029825081.png

A little more info on the interior paint codes. Ford shows a Medium Avocado and a Light Avocado, which was used depending upon location of the parts as shown in the chart below. Not sure if anyone can cross those actual paint numbers any more, but if you're looking for 100% authenticity, it's worth a shot.

Keep in mind that many of the parts were never an exact match. They came from various suppliers and the colors could be all over the spectrum. The steering column area of my 71 Squire has at least four very different hues of medium blue.

View attachment 86883
Any hints as to what the "I/C" components are? I have different plastic, vinyl, and metal avocado parts. After sun fading, there's a million different shades of green. Some areas of some of the parts were protected from the sunlight, and I guess would be closer to the original color. For example, on the endcaps of the dash, one side is metal and the other side is plastic. Both of those parts are sandwiched between the door and the dash, so didn't see much sun. The plastic pedestals for arm rests and the metal trim across the top of the door trim on the base trim option, the inside of those parts never saw any sun.

I'm not above taking some of them to the paint section at lowes to match up some color swatches.

Any hints as to what the "I/C" components are? I have different plastic, vinyl, and metal avocado parts. After sun fading, there's a million different shades of green. Some areas of some of the parts were protected from the sunlight, and I guess would be closer to the original color. For example, on the endcaps of the dash, one side is metal and the other side is plastic. Both of those parts are sandwiched between the door and the dash, so didn't see much sun. The plastic pedestals for arm rests and the metal trim across the top of the door trim on the base trim option, the inside of those parts never saw any sun.

I'm not above taking some of them to the paint section at lowes to match up some color swatches.
From what I can see on my 73, the only "light avocado" I/C parts are the four Seat Back Hinge covers. The rest of the interior is clearly the darker (Medium Avocado) color. I just dropped off my interior components to the body shop to paint and gave them the SEM formula from Hemikiller above for the paint. So looking forward to seeing how that comes out.

Attachments

• Seat Back Hinge Cover.jpg
    Seat Back Hinge Cover.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Your seat hingecovers are pretty much what I recall my interior was back in 89.
All the avocado parts, including the seats had a strong color to them like those covers.

I have a 73 Mach 1 with avocado plain interior and I believe I have the short consolette also. Let me know if you're interested.

From what I can see on my 73, the only "light avocado" I/C parts are the four Seat Back Hinge covers. The rest of the interior is clearly the darker (Medium Avocado) color. I just dropped off my interior components to the body shop to paint and gave them the SEM formula from Hemikiller above for the paint. So looking forward to seeing how that comes out.

Great information from everyone here.

I'm getting all of the parts together that I've been hording for 30 years to put the interior back in my Mach. So far I agree on the light Avocado. A bunch of the seat vinyl is the light color along with the hinge covers and seat backs.. Almost everything else in the interior is medium.

I haven't quite come to the conclusion about the rear interior 1/4 panels yet. Should probably be light to match the door panels.

Great information from everyone here.

I'm getting all of the parts together that I've been hording for 30 years to put the interior back in my Mach. So far I agree on the light Avocado. A bunch of the seat vinyl is the light color along with the hinge covers and seat backs.. Almost everything else in the interior is medium.

I haven't quite come to the conclusion about the rear interior 1/4 panels yet. Should probably be light to match the door panels.
Any extra light green avocado parts? I need a few items.

Back