Looking for a passenger door/skin

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goeth27

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Winshield installer hit the column shift in my 1977 ford f150 (the bed was off the bumber mounts impaled my door) it rolled back into my 72 mach 1 wich i've had since i was 14 and painted and restored myself

been looking for a passenger door or even a skin which would take a lot more labor to make work but haven't been able to find anything

where should i look or does anyone just so happen to know of a passenger door or skin laying around? Or do you think it's worth just trying to repair myself?

here are some pics of the damage :(

sonfa3.jpg

sonfa2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Truth be told I haven't seen any reproduction doors anywhere. I would have to assume it is because of the fact that there are still a good many of the 71-73 cars still around and doors are pretty easy to come by in junk yards.

Is the windshield company paying for the repairs? If so, I'd leave it all to them to do it.

Winshield installer hit the column shift in my 1977 ford f150 (the bed was off the bumber mounts impaled my door) it rolled back into my 72 mach 1 wich i've had since i was 14 and painted and restored myself

been looking for a passenger door or even a skin which would take a lot more labor to make work but haven't been able to find anything

where should i look or does anyone just so happen to know of a passenger door or skin laying around? Or do you think it's worth just trying to repair myself?

here are some pics of the damage :(

sonfa3.jpg

sonfa2.jpg
BUMMER ! You need a complete door..The only way your going to fix that PROPERLY is if you have access to a frame machine. The frame of the door is damaged & needs to be pulled. The door has to come off the car for the repair..& that repair is for a master technician. The amount of labor it would take to repair is going to cost more than replacing it. Looking at your picture In my shop, minimum $3000.00 to repair that door properly..Try Colorado mustangs for a complete door or these guys http://www.dvap.com/

I bought a complete frame rail & a bunch of other stuff for my restoration from them. I would not just give the car to the glass co. to handle the repair..You need to find a reputable shop of YOUR CHOICE & just present them the bill for the repairs period !

First of all... is that guy still alive!?? Grrr!!! i hate that stupidity damages such beautiful car! :(

I agree totally with Scott... Look for a donnor door because is a lot possible that some structural parts can also be damaged... Also check your A pillar (A pillar is also the passenger side??) because you need to be sure your gingles didnt damage its mounts on that pillar...

Also agree with the fact that you find a reputable shop to align the new door and paint it propperly to match your exact colour... This is not a Honda Civic!! you need to be sure the work is the best you can get ;)

Let us informed!! And sorry for that damage! :(

Back