• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Looking for freight shipping quote ( 351C Engine&Trans from Washington DC to Austin/Houston, TX )

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback 351C M-Code 4v
Looking for a decent price to ship one Engine/Trans combo (800lbs) from DC to Texas. Bonded and insured if possible. This is for a transaction between two supporting members so you know we're legit....lol

1711112563652.png

On your Cleveland motor, there will be a partial VIN stamped on the block just below the head, arrowed. It might be feint but it will tell you what it originally was in. I'm not sure what it might be, but if it start with a "1" it was in a Mustang. If a "5" Mercury ( at least I think that is correct)
Tell us what it reads for interest. Also if that motor is an early 70, it will likely be the high compression with smaller cc heads. That motor could be a very good score indeed.

Attachments

• GERMYS72.png
    GERMYS72.png
    527.4 KB · Views: 0
On your Cleveland motor, there will be a partial VIN stamped on the block just below the head, arrowed. It might be feint but it will tell you what it originally was in. I'm not sure what it might be, but if it start with a "1" it was in a Mustang. If a "5" Mercury ( at least I think that is correct)
Tell us what it reads for interest. Also if that motor is an early 70, it will likely be the high compression with smaller cc heads. That motor could be a very good score indeed.
we found a shipper, the engine is en route now. I will check on the engine code and post update when I get it. I am told it is from a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 and has the 4V "Quench" Closed Chamber heads

cc.jpg

Back