Looking for my old Mach1 1F05J135487

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tabacchi

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 project car. I owned 1F05J135487 many years ago and wish I'd never sold it. So I am trying to replicate my old car, although this one is an H code.
Hello!

From around 1977 through 1984, I owned 1F05J135487, a pewter 429 SCJ mach1. I sold it to a friend, who sold it almost immediately to another friend, who then sold it to someone possibly in the Dallas area. I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever seen it, or knows if it even still exists. One of my favorite cars, and have kicked myself a million times for letting it go. It was a C6 drag pack car with a 3.91 traction lock. Was a great car.

Thanks!

Tony

429mach1.JPG

Tony -

Sorry for your loss and I do hope you are able to find your old car!

My suggestion would be to try the 429 Megasite

www.429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/

Hopefully someone there might provide at least a lead or two.

GOOD LUCK!!

Ray

As Ray inferred, the 429 Mega Site once had a listing of Member's "C" and "J" Coded 1971 Mustangs by VINs.

I would think that would be your "best" place to start with for your search.

Good Luck!

BT

Nice looking Mach 1, good luck with your search. You might try contacting your insurance agent and see if he can tell you if it is registered and on the road somewhere.

Those hubcaps look like Ford Truck Hubcaps from the 70's. Same ones that were on Dad's 79 Bronco.

Wow! Thank you guys for all the replies. I appreciate it very much. That's pretty much how it looked when I bought it and the those galaxie/XL wheelcovers (which were used on the truck also,) were on it when I bought it. I put a set of magnum. 500's on it later. Sure wish i knew what became pf it. Thanks again for all your help!

It's not that accurate cause I just ran mine and it said it was last titled in 08 which is bull cause I did it 8 months ago
Weird because mine showed up re-titled about 2 weeks after dad signed it over. Was your car transferred from someone else 8 months ago?

It's not that accurate cause I just ran mine and it said it was last titled in 08 which is bull cause I did it 8 months ago
You've got a good point. There's an old saying about data base searches, garbage in, garbage out. Those data bases are based upon input from 100's of thousands of different sources, the data isn't the bible, it just adds to date we've already assimilated.

Jim

You've got a good point. There's an old saying about data base searches, garbage in, garbage out. Those data bases are based upon input from 100's of thousands of different sources, the data isn't the bible, it just adds to date we've already assimilated.

Jim
True but it does give you a place to start a search.

Back