Looking for the Spring Clips on the key cylinder.-

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph Knopf

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Hardtop with factory 62K miles 302 new Holley 600 Street Warrior carb,Edelbrock Performer intake,stock C-4 trans,with 279 rear.
Hello,like to ask if anyone might know where to purchase the tiny "Spring Clips" that fit on both sides the key ignition cylinder and help the unit return to the start position when the vehicle is started.-Thanks and my vehicle is a 1972 Mustang non-tilt column auto and because these spring clips are worn and i have to manually turn the key back to the start position or i will have a dead battery when turning the egine off.-Thanks for the help.-Joe

I was not able to find any when I needed in the Open market, so I called a local junk yard, had them take some out of a ford truck and ship them to me. But it cost $45 after shipping. Good Luck!! PS: you might have better luck than me finding them!! Try Ebay!

I was not able to find any when I needed in the Open market, so I called a local junk yard, had them take some out of a ford truck and ship them to me. But it cost $45 after shipping. Good Luck!! PS: you might have better luck than me finding them!! Try Ebay!
Thanks very much.-

what is your address. I will mail you one.
Thanks very much, and i need two of the spring clips for the ignition cylinder if you have them and will send you $ for the shipping costs if you have paypal or something.-Thanks very much.-Joe

Thanks and i call you later today.-Joe

Thanks and i call you later today.-Joe
Thanks very much Bill,pleasure talking to you earlier and thanks again for helping me out with hard to find parts.-kindest regards,Joe K.-

call me 303 386 6228 Bill
Thanks Bill,received the ignition cylinder spring clips this week and please let me know what i owe for the shipping and time.-Best regards,Joe K.-

Back