Mach 1 Bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezsnake

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang, 351C 4V
Hi Everyone,

Long-time Mustang owner, first-time '71 owner. I'm looking for some help with the Mach 1 bumper. I came across a '73 urethane bumper, complete with the frame/brackets (heavy!) at a good price. Needs a little work, but is repairable. I've since learned that 71/72 bumpers are different, so I can't use this on my car. But, are the brackets the same for these bumpers ... can I use the ones from this '73?

Also, any help or leads locating a urethane bumper to fit my '71 would be appreciated. I've had no luck locally.

Thanks!

Brackets and the fenders are different on 73 vs 71/72. Good luck with your search and keep an eye on ebay as they do come up for sale. May want to post on the want to buy forum as some other members may have a lead.

Hi Everyone,

Long-time Mustang owner, first-time '71 owner. I'm looking for some help with the Mach 1 bumper. I came across a '73 urethane bumper, complete with the frame/brackets (heavy!) at a good price. Needs a little work, but is repairable. I've since learned that 71/72 bumpers are different, so I can't use this on my car. But, are the brackets the same for these bumpers ... can I use the ones from this '73?

Also, any help or leads locating a urethane bumper to fit my '71 would be appreciated. I've had no luck locally.

Thanks!

There have been a few posted in the For Sale forum over the past few months (my beat-up example included), one of them may be near your area (mine isn't!).

Give it a try. Stuff doesn't seem to move quickly in our FS forum unless it is cheap, a common-to-replace part, or so darn difficult to find that there'll always be 2 people seeking said part at once.

-Kurt

This really is a small world sometimes. I just signed onto this site and wanted to make the 72 I now have into the 73 I used to have as a kid. Now I found that there are a bunch of different parts in the front end as well as some in the back that are different. I've been exchanging info with another guy who has most of the 73 parts I would need to make the transformation but I'm now thinking I'll probably just keep it a 72.

This really is a small world sometimes. I just signed onto this site and wanted to make the 72 I now have into the 73 I used to have as a kid. Now I found that there are a bunch of different parts in the front end as well as some in the back that are different. I've been exchanging info with another guy who has most of the 73 parts I would need to make the transformation but I'm now thinking I'll probably just keep it a 72.
Mike just paint the 72 gold so when you look down the hood you can relive your youth. Here is a prime example of how good these cars look in gold.
Mike

SD show 2012 013.jpg

Send me your '72 and I'll trade you any of the '73s that I can't seem to get away from locally :p

-Kurt

Thanks for the info, guys. So, sounds like I have a '73 bumper to fix up and sell to someone who can use it.

Did the chrome and urethane bumpers use the same brackets in 71/72?

Personally - I think that is a wise choice. And keep your eyes open - you might find a 73 just like you prefer and try and trade/sell/buy.

Good luck!

Ray

Thanks for the info, guys. So, sounds like I have a '73 bumper to fix up and sell to someone who can use it.

Did the chrome and urethane bumpers use the same brackets in 71/72?
If you still have it and it's in good shape... I'm a buyer!

Back