Magnum 500 or Cragar rim advice

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Specialty Magnums I got for my '73 Mach were the nicest quality of the three sets I've had. As mentioned, they MUST be lug-centrically balanced, especially on the "cheaper" quality versions.

I had a set of Cragar Keystones (15x7) laying around when I got my '71 Grande', and I have to say, their quality far surpasses any of the Magnums I've had. They even static-balanced perfectly. The only downside is the "Uni-Lug" fitment is a bit of a hassle when first installing.

If I had been buying them specifically for this application, I would have bought 8" wide and gone with wider tires, but on this more "formal" model, I think they work fairly well, and fill out the wheel wells much better than the stock wheels did.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Verified with my local shop today that their equipment can only do hub centric.

Now that makes sense why my stang vibrates a little at 70mph.

Guess I need to find another shop that can do lug centric.

Sometimes my brain kicks in.

I realized a few days ago that I bought my wheels/tires as a package from Mustangs Unlimited. Therefore, it wasn't the local shop that balanced the tires but Mustangs Unlimited.

I called them today and confirmed that they did a hub centric balance and not lug centric.

Now, looking for a local shop that can do the right balance.

Back