Magnum 500's, again !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible, 351 C2V, 3 Speed Manual Transmission, Decor Group, Color Keyed Racing Mirrors. 6C Medium Goldenrod, White Knit Vinyl Bucket
Hi Guys and Gals, I am sorry if this has been beat to death, and maybe I was just tired last night, but I looked for over an hour and couldn't find this info. I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to whether or not these will fit our 72 Vert. Can anyone verify yes or no please?
4 Ford Magnum 500's by Wheel Vintiques. 54 Series rims. Two - 15 x 8's and Two - 15 x 10's. 15x8's are 4.5" bolt circle, 4.5" back spacing, Part # 54-5812042. 15x10's are 4.5" bolt circle, 5.5" back spacing, Part # 54-5012052.

Yes, they will fit your Mustang. You'll find several members here run the 15x8s with that backspacing on all four corners. On the front you may get some tire rub on the frame at full lock, depending on what tire size you select. On the rear you'll have plenty of room. I have 17x10s with similar backspacing and 275/40-17s on the rear of my 72. They sit inside the fender wells with plenty of clearance. Rule of thumb for backspacing on our cars is half the width of the rim plus 1/2".

Yes, they will fit your Mustang. You'll find several members here run the 15x8s with that backspacing on all four corners. On the front you may get some tire rub on the frame at full lock, depending on what tire size you select. On the rear you'll have plenty of room. I have 17x10s with similar backspacing and 275/40-17s on the rear of my 72. They sit inside the fender wells with plenty of clearance. Rule of thumb for backspacing on our cars is half the width of the rim plus 1/2".
Thank you Chuck, I love your wheels, but these 15's came up in my area for a decent price, so I figured I'd run them for now. There is a guy selling a set of your wheels as well, but he is firm at $1200 with 7 year old tires , granted with zero miles, but to me, they are still 7 years old. what are your thoughts on that?

Thank you Chuck, I love your wheels, but these 15's came up in my area for a decent price, so I figured I'd run them for now. There is a guy selling a set of your wheels as well, but he is firm at $1200 with 7 year old tires , granted with zero miles, but to me, they are still 7 years old. what are your thoughts on that?
I like the 15x8s on our cars. As for the 17s, my advice is to buy new ones, especially at that price. I think my four wheels came to about $800 and tires (General GMAX RS) another $7-800.

I like the 15x8s on our cars. As for the 17s, my advice is to buy new ones, especially at that price. I think my four wheels came to about $800 and tires (General GMAX RS) another $7-800.
So there you go, 400 more and I have brand new wheels and tires. So I want to go to 10 inch wide in the back because I want to go to at least a 255 tire, and prefer to go 275-285 as I like the look of the wider rear tires on our cars. Yours is perfect to me.

Back