magnum 500 wheels china

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73nancy

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 mustang
1968 ford f100
1971 honda cb750
ok guys i wanted to let some of you know of what has happened to me. my mach restoration started when i was 16 im now 22. when i was 17 i bought some new wheels. magnum 500's 15x8 from mustangunlimited. as many of you know they arent super cheap. i spent around 1k for them and they looked good put some drag radials on the back and some low pro up front. unlucky for me the car is a project so they havent ever seen the road just on the car in the garage non heated. after high school i went to college out of state so the car hasnt seen to much love untill this year. after my freshman year of college i noticed some rust forming in the chrome on my wheels. :( so i used some chrome polish and oiled them to try and stop the rust. didnt work my wheels are slowly pitting and never have been outside. i called mustang unlimited about two years ago telling them what happened. the guy told me sry but they cant do anything and told me people had the same issue. the wheels are made in china but he told me they switched companies since then. not sure if they did or not but wanted to warn any members to check before they buy on where they are made. for me im going to be out 1k when i get ready to put my car on the road and have to buy new wheels. decided they will be drag wheels instead:). also if anyone can tell me where they got there magnum 500 wheels from and have had good luck with them that would be great.

ok guys i wanted to let some of you know of what has happened to me. my mach restoration started when i was 16 im now 22. when i was 17 i bought some new wheels. magnum 500's 15x8 from mustangunlimited. as many of you know they arent super cheap. i spent around 1k for them and they looked good put some drag radials on the back and some low pro up front. unlucky for me the car is a project so they havent ever seen the road just on the car in the garage non heated. after high school i went to college out of state so the car hasnt seen to much love untill this year. after my freshman year of college i noticed some rust forming in the chrome on my wheels. :( so i used some chrome polish and oiled them to try and stop the rust. didnt work my wheels are slowly pitting and never have been outside. i called mustang unlimited about two years ago telling them what happened. the guy told me sry but they cant do anything and told me people had the same issue. the wheels are made in china but he told me they switched companies since then. not sure if they did or not but wanted to warn any members to check before they buy on where they are made. for me im going to be out 1k when i get ready to put my car on the road and have to buy new wheels. decided they will be drag wheels instead:). also if anyone can tell me where they got there magnum 500 wheels from and have had good luck with them that would be great.
I been a big fan of American racing magnum 500...They make magnum 500's Made in USA....Been around forever too...But i think they run about 370ish per rim..They brag they are triple cromed..But any steel rim rust sooner or later..Only reason i kept my original slotted mags on my car..lol

Ok guys I'm gonna turn you on to one of my trade secrets on how to protect your wheels trim etc.

I've been using this stuff..for quite some time..Besides rust bullet this is one of the best products I have ever used..Does everything it says it does..!I use it on wheels..(if they don't have a clear powder coating) Use it on all the new brake lines before install..New cast parts... brake cylinders...master cylinders....polished aluminum etc.

http://www.everbritecoatings.com/index.html

I see you are in Maine, but out here in SoCal, I have had good luck with:

Classic Wheels

16516 South Western Avenue, Gardena, CA

(310) 763-6621

I have had them do the following for me:

1. REPLACE outer rim only on a set of 4 Magnum 500 wheels, 14". 1995. $200 total. Replaced the rims due to curb jobs from prior owner.

2. Bought a set of 4 Magnum 500 wheels from them, (The wheels had original centers circa 1973, new rims. Sometimes they have centers, sometimes not)15 x 7. 2004 $375.

At the time, these prices were about 40% less then anywhere else I could find. My 1995 wheels look like new. But, I take very good care of them and live in California.

You could give them a call and at least get some comparative pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you are in Maine, but out here in SoCal, I have had good luck with:

Classic Wheels

16516 South Western Avenue, Gardena, CA

(310) 763-6621

I have had them do the following for me:

1. REPLACE outer rim only on a set of 4 Magnum 500 wheels, 14". 1995. $200 total. Replaced the rims due to curb jobs from prior owner.

2. Bought a set of 4 Magnum 500 wheels from them, (The wheels had original centers circa 1973, new rims. Sometimes they have centers, sometimes not)15 x 7. 2004 $375.

At the time, these prices were about 40% less then anywhere else I could find. My 1995 wheels look like new. But, I take very good care of them and live in California.

You could give them a call and at least get some comparative pricing.
That's good info.I have an original set of 15/7 Magnums with 1971 date codes I would like to have re rimed.

That's good info.I have an original set of 15/7 Magnums with 1971 date codes I would like to have re rimed.
NOTE: The rims are not OEM/Concourse style. I don't know that OEM or Concourse are available. But only your Magnum 500 OEM Expert will know the difference.

Wow, my wife has driven your car.
I have SOOOOOO many responses to that line....

Another great wheel polish is AMWAY METAL CLEANER. It is a fine white powder. Put a little onto a wet tshirt, and wipe away....

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah not sure what im going to do when the time comes to get new ones after paint. the wheels should have held up never saw anything that would have caused rust that quick. thanks for the info on some wheel companies. don't think there worth re-riming.

Back