MAKING MAPLE SYRUP

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
So four years ago I started a family tradition with my kids tapping maple trees & making maple syrup..It's been a learning curve..We made our first test batch of 2014 today & it's the best yet we finally have it down perfect..Here's some pics of todays sample batch production

P1010092.JPGP1010105.JPGP1010107.JPGP1010109.JPGP1010111.JPG

We had a couple good days of sap flow a couple weeks ago. One of my coworkers makes syrup with his family. They boiled over 4500 gallons of sap already. sugar content was low so it only yielded 55 gallons. Their 3000 trees should really start flowing in a couple weeks. All we need is above 32 degree days and below 32 nights .

Maple syrup ... yeah that's what we do in Vermont.

Great timing. I made pancakes this morning for the first time in over 3 years and guess what? I had run out of maple syrup. Oh well....

I'm gonna follow this as I'd like to know how it's done.

We had a couple good days of sap flow a couple weeks ago. One of my coworkers makes syrup with his family. They boiled over 4500 gallons of sap already. sugar content was low so it only yielded 55 gallons. Their 3000 trees should really start flowing in a couple weeks. All we need is above 32 degree days and below 32 nights .

Maple syrup ... yeah that's what we do in Vermont.
Yea the flow has been on & off here too..4500g is A LOT of sap to cook down..

I only tap 6 trees & all are sugar maples no regular maples..Of course Vermont is known for it's maple syrup

That looks really good. Once you collect the sap, what do you do?

See the you tube link I posted on the process

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats Great "Q", My wife teaches Piano and one of her students brings her home made maple syrup each year. It is some good good stuff. Your kids will always remember those good times with Dad. Good for you.

Back