Bob's 73 Convertible Avocado Interior Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dash Panel is finally done, restored & ready to reinstall once the rest of the interior is ready to receive it. Did all of this work in the basement which worked out much better than the garage.

So big picture, on the Center Dash section major changes. Rocketman (Bob) calibrated my gauges & converted the Amp meter to voltmeter. I replaced my old radio with a RetroSound unit that looks great, how it performs I'm looking forward to hearing yet. Thanking "73QCodeMach1F" for her project thread posting detailing her system upgrade. The close to factory look & audio she played in the post really convinced me to go this route. The new Classic Auto Air controls are installed and while not original, I'm pleased with how it looks and fits perfectly. All of the dash lights have been replaced with LEDs from Bill at HiPo Parts.

On the Instrument Cluster, repainted the Aluminum color on the inside of the Tach/Speedo/Fuel gauges to freshen up. Repainted the florescent red on the needles. Replaced the cluster ribbon & IVR so everything is fresh. It's really satisfying to see it done and I so appreciate you members for your posts & help.

BobCompleted Dash - Front.jpgCompleted Dash - Back.jpg

Took advantage of testing the new Classic Auto Air controls, dampers, fan and hot water valve with the dash out. I set up the heater box on a bench, used the battery for power and wired it up to my dash controls.

The instructions suggested doing a test before installing and it was a good that I did. The fan and dampers worked perfectly. But the hot water valve to the heater core was backwards. With the temperature control on hot the valve was closed and opened when sliding the temperature to cold. It turned out to be a simple fix. Called the CAA tech support and they walked me through a calibration process to fix this issue over the phone. I was surprised to find the problem but was very impressed with the tech support.

I don’t know how difficult this calibration would have been with the heater box and dash already installed but it was a piece of cake doing it on the bench.

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpeg
    5.9 MB
Back