Might be selling 71 mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys, I might be forced to sell my 71 mach 1. I was wondering if you guys could give me some input one what you think it is worth. I know the market is down now and im gonna take a beating on it but i'd like to get an idea of how much a beating. It was originally a 302 car but is now a 351c with 2v heads. I have owned it for about 6 years and have done just about everything to it other than the front brake swap. Has drum now but I have a power disc setup from a 72 for it in the garage. Car has new paint, wheels , tires, interior, floor pans, trunk pan, motor completely rebuilt about 1500 miles ago, has edelbrock intake, 750 holley double pumper carb, msd pro billet dist, 6al box, harland sharp roller rockers, comp cam, tranny also rebuilt at time of motor with b&m parts and shift kit new valve body and 3000 stall converter, also new rear end 8.8 ford with 373 gears posi and disc brakes. Car is really nice and runs and drives great but its not perfect. Paint has few chips and stuff in it like any driver should but it is a pretty nice car overall. Please give me any input you guys may have and any questions you might have. All input is greatly appriciated. Thanks Kevin

mustang 1.bmpmus3.bmpmus.bmp

Attachments

• mustang 1.bmp
    418.2 KB · Views: 78
  • mus3.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 55
  • mus.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 52
AWWWW Man, sorry to hear you have to sell your car, But because of this economy, I would have to say it would have to be worth in the $15,000 range, even though its not numbers matching,,,,,,,, But couldnt you sell some of the BRAND X trucks in the driveway, and keep your Mustang??

AWWWW Man, sorry to hear you have to sell your car, But because of this economy, I would have to say it would have to be worth in the $15,000 range, even though its not numbers matching,,,,,,,, But couldnt you sell some of the BRAND X trucks in the driveway, and keep your Mustang??
Yeah wish i could but the blue cheby truck was a company truck that i no longer have and is part of the reason maybe selling mustang. My 2000 f150 has to stay. The mach 1 wouldnt like driving in the winter here LOL :) If im in the 15 range i could live with that.

It looks like a very clean car and is very sharp with the color and wheels... Seems like nothing is moving well these days, but good luck with it. If you guys run across someone needing an 02 F350 Dually, 7.3L Crew Cab Lariat, let me know.

List it on Craigslist before you use ebay. Ebay sucks, your money out of you pocket that is. When you get a firm price list it here too.

Search the Mechum Auto Auction Web site for the St Charles Auction they had last weekend. They sold a 71 and a 73 Mach, for the $15,250 to $16,500 range. One had 7 MCA Gold Awards and one a rotisserie restoration. I think they gave them away at the price, but the econonmy is bad. Maybe start yours around $15K and leave some room for negoatiation.

Good luck and try to keep it if you can.

I would definately not use ebay. Tried that a few years ago with a truck i was selling and it was horribble and expensive. I love craigslist use it all the time to sell parts and quads and cars. If i do sell it would be listed on here and mach1 club first then craigslist and local classiffieds. Thanks for the input guys i appriciate it .

Back