• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Misc. small heater parts needed, Part II

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351, FMX, A/C (well, parts of it anyways!)
1971 Mach 1, 351, FMX
1965 Convertible, 289, 4-speed
Okay, here are a couple of more things I need for my 73 heater/AC box rebuild.

The first is the water valve vacuum switch on the front of the heater box. I think mine is broken since I see a spring sticking out the top. Ignore the Scotch tape on the right side with a backward "7" on it. That's to help me get it all back together again.

water valve vacuum switch.jpg

Here's a diagram:

water valve diagram.JPG

The other thing that I need is the small clamp that holds the temperature control cable in place on the back of the heater/vent/ac control panel. As you can see from the picture, mine is plastic (What were they thinking?) and its obviously broken.

temp control cable pic 1.jpg

temp control cable pic 2.jpg

Here's a diagram of where it's located:

temperature control cable diagram.jpg

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, winter and cooler weather is heading my way!

Scott

Update: It looks like the clamp and cable are all one part. Here's one on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/160880281130?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Last edited by a moderator:
Back