Mister 4x4 has his first engine start

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting! But I think I beat ya to it by a few minutes in the other thread. rofl

[video=youtube]

Not too bad of a video for an 10-year-old HP 2.3MP camera.

Thanks again for helping out and scoring those parts cars - I think they'll be huge for getting ours back together again. ::thumb::

Congratulations Eric! Was really cool talking to you two last night.
Right back'atcha, Brutha!

You know Doc, with the exception of some chrome and a little bit of [different color] paint (we won't talk about my "bait box fuse box"), it pretty much IS the same engine as yours. Thanks for blazing the trail with CompCams - your efforts to find the right cam and get yours dialed in was a HUGE inspiration for how mine turned out. ::thumb::

Cool!!! now you need to get it on the road!!
Yup-Yup! I feel like I'm a LOT closer to that, now that it actually runs. Thanks again for all the years [literally] of encouragement, guys! ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
You know Doc, with the exception of some chrome and a little bit of [different color] paint (we won't talk about my "bait box fuse box"), it pretty much IS the same engine as yours. Thanks for blazing the trail with CompCams - your efforts to find the right cam and get yours dialed in was a HUGE inspiration for how mine turned out. ::thumb::

Thanks again for all the years [literally] of encouragement, guys! ::thumb::
This is so cool, Eric! And now I'm blazing the NASA hood trail. You in? :D

Get that thing rollin', brotha! :cool:

This is so cool, Eric! And now I'm blazing the NASA hood trail. You in? :D
Get that thing rollin', brotha! :cool:
You know it! Mine's a factory Ram-Air car... already got the hood and plenum. Just need an air cleaner & seal now. ;)

39320_148084908535769_5219401_n.jpg

(edited to show the original Ram Air hood - with hood locks, I might add :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
They came with the Pypes 2.5" X-pipe stainless exhaust system from Summit Racing. I believe they're the "Street Pro" series that came with the kit. I remember wanting to get the "Violators," but I don't recall there being much of a difference in the exhaust note when I heard them both on videos. I also believe the "Street Pros" are a little cheaper if you buy them outright, as well.

Back