More Electrical/Idle Problems

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very happy for you that you finally killed these gremlins @icejawa!

I'm really not surprised these halogens bulbs/headlight line were part of your problems.

Will not say "I told you so", because its obvious more issues were at play here.

For the sake of "completeness", could you post a pict of the halogens and the wattage, brand/type etc?

As these are for sale pretty much everywhere, chances are high someone will get himself in same trouble.

[i do occasionally get a fluke where the hazards don't flash, they just stay lit, but I think that has something to do with the rough idle.]

If its not constant (sometimes ok, because engine generates other vibs depending on rpms), if you have disconnected the flasher at some point, recheck/brush/clean its connection and ground. Otherwise chances are high this is just a bad contact at one of the bulbs sockets either at tail or front.

Very happy for you that you finally killed these gremlins @icejawa!

I'm really not surprised these halogens bulbs/headlight line were part of your problems.

Will not say "I told you so", because its obvious more issues were at play here.

For the sake of "completeness", could you post a pict of the halogens and the wattage, brand/type etc?

As these are for sale pretty much everywhere, chances are high someone will get himself in same trouble.

[i do occasionally get a fluke where the hazards don't flash, they just stay lit, but I think that has something to do with the rough idle.]

If its not constant (sometimes ok,  because engine generates other vibs depending on rpms), if you have disconnected the flasher at some point, recheck/brush/clean its connection and ground. Otherwise chances are high this is just a bad contact at one of the bulbs sockets either at tail or front.
I actually still have the halogens in the car right now and they seem to be working. It was the incorrect sport lamp bulbs the idiot mechanic put in there when he effed my car up.

1157 bulbs in a 71 sportslamp doesn't work well, as that is a 2 filament bulb with the ground on the case. The sportslamp socket has two pins only at the base, so there was no way for the bulb to be grounded. Poor electrons probably went bananas trying to find a way home or got caught up in traffic, slowing the voltage down to a crawl.

Back