Mustang Memories Car Show, Dearborn Aug 18th

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy I would like to go to that..

A long way from Houston..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went up three years ago on trip to pick up a car in Dearborn. While there found a guy with a two car garage packed with nothing but 71 - 73 parts and bought all I could fit in truck, bed, on top of bed cover and in the car.

I was a little disappointed in the show. Not many cars and most were new. I just do not get into showing a brand new car. I can go to the car lot and see them. Sure nice to have but why show it??

I stayed away from the cruise too many crazies, lol. Did not even go to Mustang Alley.

Did spend a day at the Henry Ford and the village enjoyed that more than the show.

Not really a long drive pretty easy one day drive from N.C..

If you go pick your route and then get on Craigslist and look for stuff you need. As you travel then you can stop look and maybe pick up some good buys. I have done that several times with great success.

You find much better interior parts in Michigan than in south or south west where they get cooked.

Even place ads on CL along your route I have picked up two tilt columns that way. I also found the removable hard tops for the early Mustang that way.

Use lots of key words in your ad so it comes up in lots of searches.

I don't think I get but maybe 10 mpg on the vert that would be expensive trip, lol. Would cost less to dolly with truck.

I went up three years ago on trip to pick up a car in Dearborn. While there found a guy with a two car garage packed with nothing but 71 - 73 parts and bought all I could fit in truck, bed, on top of bed cover and in the car.

I was a little disappointed in the show. Not many cars and most were new. I just do not get into showing a brand new car. I can go to the car lot and see them. Sure nice to have but why show it??

I stayed away from the cruise too many crazies, lol. Did not even go to Mustang Alley.

Did spend a day at the Henry Ford and the village enjoyed that more than the show.

Not really a long drive pretty easy one day drive from N.C..

If you go pick your route and then get on Craigslist and look for stuff you need. As you travel then you can stop look and maybe pick up some good buys. I have done that several times with great success.

You find much better interior parts in Michigan than in south or south west where they get cooked.

Even place ads on CL along your route I have picked up two tilt columns that way. I also found the removable hard tops for the early Mustang that way.

Use lots of key words in your ad so it comes up in lots of searches.

I don't think I get but maybe 10 mpg on the vert that would be expensive trip, lol. Would cost less to dolly with truck.
 David, to be clear, the Mustang Memories car show, or more correctly the All Ford car show, is the day after the Woodward Dream Cruise (if I got my dates right) and not connected. Personally I would not take part in the Dream Cruise, too hard driving a 4 speed and yes, way to many ordinary daily drivers these days. Looks more like your daily Rush Hour than a classic car cruise. Mustang Alley might be an option, but for me I would need to return home to Canada Saturday night and go back the next day for the Dearborn show. I wouldn't leave my car parked at some hotel overnight.

There are a lot of newer cars at this show for sure...…………. but there ain't no Chevy's!! (or Chevy engine Fords either)

As for looking for parts along the way for those traveling long distances, great idea.

Geoff.

Just got clarification about the "Judged" class. 

The cost is $35. A goody bag will be given. 

It is definitely NOT to MCA rules, but for cleanliness and presentation only. This means that any car can be judges for prizes or trophies.

Non judged is $25 or at the gate. Read the requirements on the sign up page of the link.

Geoff.

Rather than a PM to those I know are planning on attending, I came up with this simple sign so others know who I am and can introduce themselves. Perhaps make somethin like it for your cars.

See you all on Sunday!

Geoff.

Stanglover.docx

Attachments

• Stanglover.docx
    12.5 KB · Views: 13
Back