My numbers block is GOOD!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, used pistons might only be worth $100.00

i will look for a similar cam in another brand.

what is your valve spring pressure?
No idea. It was all supposed to be matched. My invoice didn't list all the details. Best I can tell you at this time.

Thanks, I'll have a closer look and take it up with my builder. I appreciate all your input. I take it you enjoy helping others like me who are I enthusiastic, but far less knowledgeable.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'll have a closer look and take it up with my builder. I appreciate all your input. I take it you enjoy helping others like me who are I enthusiastic, but far less knowledgeable.

Geoff.
no prob, and yeah, i like to help if i can and have fun seeing the results but everyone else here is happy to help too.

i have actually been restoring muscle cars and rebuilding engines for 30 years full time and 15 years in my spare time.

the howards cam will have a little more bottom end than the comp cam and it will rev hard until around 4800 rpm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff.
no prob, and yeah, i like to help if i can and have fun seeing the results but everyone else here is happy to help too.

i have actually been restoring muscle cars and rebuilding engines for 30 years full time and 15 years in my spare time.

the howards cam will have a little more bottom end than the comp cam and it will rev hard until around 4800 rpm.
Thanks Barnett 468,

For this re-build, I have decided to go with new KB148 dish top pistons. With the deck at zero and using the thinnest head gasket at about .035" compressed should maintain the quench, but lower the compression to a more manageable level. The cost of milling CNC or by hand, would be just way too high. Cam selection will be more important for this motor and my needs for it. I will definitely look into the cam you suggested. I will likely be talking to the builder today as they are just about ready to get it done!

I'll let you know more later.

Geoff.

Back