My ol' 73. Hello from Western Washington!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from Lynnwood, WA! ::welcome::

You wouldn't have been driving north on the 405 this past Saturday night, would you? I was heading home from downtown Seattle in my black Miata when I noticed 73 headlights coming up from behind. Had to move out of its way since I was going so freaking slow, lol. :p

Rich, "wishing he was in his 71 Mach 1 instead"

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Lynnwood, WA! ::welcome::

You wouldn't have been driving north on the 405 this past Saturday night, would you? I was heading home from downtown Seattle in my black Miata when I noticed 73 headlights coming up from behind. Had to move out of its way since I was going so freaking slow, lol. :p

Been watching your progress on your 71, maybe I missed it but did you ever pull the fender to verify the door sticker indicating it was a 73 is wrong? Everything on it sure looks like a 71 to me, I think your original hunch that someone replaced the drivers' door with one from a 73 is what happened. Good job on the floor pans.

Jim

Been watching your progress on your 71, maybe I missed it but did you ever pull the fender to verify the door sticker indicating it was a 73 is wrong? Everything on it sure looks like a 71 to me, I think your original hunch that someone replaced the drivers' door with one from a 73 is what happened. Good job on the floor pans.

Jim
Thanks, Jim! :)

Yep, pulled the fender and confirmed it's a genuine 71. I also found matching numbers when I pulled the dash and on the engine as well (while I was tearing out the rusty exhaust).

Unfortunately my other car got rear-ended over a month ago and my back and neck got injured as a result. Things are currently on hold until I'm fully recovered and settled with the driver's insurance company. Can't go into too much details unfortunately. :-/

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back