My poor Mach...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think we are moving shortly and, SADLY, the new garage is only a standard size two stall. My garage right now fits 4 comfortably and has a roofed area outside that fits 3-4 as well.

Point being, I think I will put the Mach One and the Fiero in the garage and the rest of the cars in storage so I HAVE to work on the Mach after I throw the new crate motor (LQ1) in my Fiero. I am going to get the floors and engine bay done and then kind of "slap it together" so I can drive it at least a little this summer.

Thanks Steven. I thought I might post some pics like the ones below to show how we all have issues, rust, whatever that CAN be resolved, you just can't give up. Take a break, have a beer, whatever. Then take a deep breath and keep working on it... It is not a race...
Nicest none running Mach I've seen. BTW, did you attach the battery firewall panel with rivets? :D
I missed the rule that said that rivets was not an option... :D Actually, I didn't have a welder at that time and considering it is bolted at a number of spots, thought it would be ok. It has been tacked since picture was taken but there are still rivets holding it as well!

You got a problem with dat? ;)

Man!! dont fell bad!!... It happens A LOT.. we are all enthusiast of this cars and noone in hurrying us so... ENJOY THE PROCESS!!... i keep telling this stupid words everywhere...

It is almost as fun the restoration process than the car done and ready to drive... Personally, i enjoy the process A LOT... i have 4 cars and i can say that all of them are in process all the time, even if they are drivable...

I work my cars alone and i do everything in them... besides, i´m not neither too clever nor too professional on this restoration thing.... What i do and it is what it works for me is planning one step at the time...

Let´s say... next weekend... what are you felling to do?.. Maybe just clean the dust to see the problems better?? well.. that´s a necesary step so, if you do that, you are working in the car...

Grab a little assignment and acomplish it.. then you are going to find more and more time and spirit to do more complicated things... I suggest to check Scott´s videos of his process in his Mach 1... ONE JOB AT THE TIME and boom!!... in no time, the car is a car again ;)

And bottom line, count on us to help you in any technical way, or whatever... being active part of this forum is another thing you are doing for your dream car.

I got mine back in 95 jumped rite in new breaks fix trans installed 3.50 Tloc. Then started to take on cowl and floor pan repair. Got as far as floor pans tacked in. Then came every thing els 460 in F250 craped out Dune Buggy motor & trans other Mustangs Trucks Campers. Then bought my house had to go threw it. I get it were I want it I mean the wife wants it. Ok time to get back on the Mach nope. I take a look at my 89 GT she is looking a little worn time for a face lift that went a little over board. Then some more house crap. So now 15 years later the Mach 1 is torn down and I'm moving along. Then here she comes the wife lets update the master bath. THE WHAT. The master bath well that took a month now I'm back on my Mach 1. Thats how these projects go. Thats life. My dad he restored a old Mack truck from top to bottom in 5 month. Must be nice to be retired.

Back