• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need 429CJ engine pulleys and brackets. Will trade!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two 429 projects I'm trying to finish and need these parts. I have tons and tons of stuff to trade that I will probably never be able to use in my lifetime. So I had this idea. I'll put down a list of parts I need to get in order to get these two projects on the way to being finished, and you tell me what parts you need to get your car finished. I can pretty much guarantee that you will come out WAY ahead in this trade. It will probably require that you come to me in Birmingham, AL. with your parts in a truck, and haul away what we agree upon. 

It would take days for me to list all the parts I have. Complete 351C 4V motors (MANY) and cylinder heads (new aluminum and factory), intake manifolds (new and original), new Yates 351 4V aluminum heads, some Boss 351 parts, some 72 R-code parts, new parts like reproduction door panels, convertible top frames, convertible trim and interior pieces, consoles, clocks, gauges, all for 71-73 Mustangs. Things like sets of brand new power window door glass for 71-73 convertibles. Additionally, I have a closet full of really nice almost new clothes I will never fit into. I have a beautiful gold cross my Mom gave me that I will never wear. I have an antique glassware collection I inherited from my Grandmother. I have a stamp collection I inherited from my Dad.

Please contact me ONLY if you have these parts in your possession. I will make it worth your while! I will probably NOT pay cash. I only want to trade.

So here is the list of parts I want/need:

1. Enough for two 429CJ motors: All of the front pulleys, brackets for alternator, power steering, air conditioning), any attaching hardware that is not available reproduction, correct fan blades, correct fan shrouds, correct valve covers, and correct 429 Ram Air air cleaner bases and snorkels.

2. Two correct driveshafts for 71 429 cars with auto transmission.

3. Two 3.25 31 spline traction-lok third members (N case preferred). Two sets of 31 spline axles correct for 71-73.

4. Two new sets of reproduction Magnum 500 wheels, 15" x 8".

5. An NOS set of power window bezels for 1971-1972 and any of the attaching clips and hardware.

6. A mint set of black rear interior quarter panels for a fold down rear seat car.

7. Two 429 (or Boss 351) rear sway bars.

8. Two mint like new sets of hood springs (not worn out) for Ram Air

9. Two excellent (not frozen or leaking) variable ratio power steering boxes for a 351 4V, B351, or 429

I will obviously put higher value on anything that is NOS.

Nice list... Some will be difficult, not quite impossible to  locate. The C-6 drive shaft is specific and tapered at both ends on these car's. I'm sure the brackets are available, would probably help if you list the engineering PT#'s, easier for people to check their stash... Took me three year's to find a mint set of rear interior 1/4 panels for my 71 vert, unfortunately they are in Vermillion, I need white. I will repaint, but, would rather trade for someone who needs the Vermillion.... Ill check my 429 stuff, i have various brackets, will get back to you if i do. Good luck in your search!

drive shaft paint daubs (4).jpg

Hi 7173Vert! Thanks for the response. I'm pretty sure I have a mint set of white rear interior quarter panels. I have a red car I'm working on that will need the red panels and I'm not sure of the condition of mine so let me check and get back with you. We might be able to trade. Do you need them to be set up for power windows? 71 is more difficult to find because of the lack of cutouts for the seat belts. I'm pretty sure any white panels I have would be for a 72-73. Shipping back and forth could get expensive I'm afraid. Wish you lived down the street from me!

Yes, I have the base interior so no cigarette ash tray installed either... correct on the seat belt issue, they come up from behind/side of the seat. The vermillion set I got are the correct 71 version for my factory optioned car... They are in spectacular shape, a definite lottery win for me. But, as noted, a shame to alter them if someone needs them for a nice high end restoration. At the moment, I have no choice. Won’t be installing then in the near future, if you come across a really (really :)) nice white set, touch base with me. Shipping is what it is... Try purchasing all the parts I have out of the US and ship across the border. I spent $5k+ (easily) on shipping during my 71 J Code Vert restoration. I finally got a US mailbox and would drive across the border to pickup in Buffalo when I accumulated enough parts. Won’t be doing that anytime in the near future until my Southern friends get the Virus under better control and the Border is reopened... Stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Do you have pictures of your J code convertible? That is uber rare. Is that the car with the interior 1/4 panels? What else do you have in your collection? I shutter to think what I've paid in shipping for all the cars for which I've ordered parts!

I think you know my car... Pastel Blue convertible? No, I wound up restoring (as best I could) the original rear interior 1/4 panels c/w the speaker holes/covers from the previous owner... That's why they have to be replaced.

Large Driver Side Rear Shot....jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back