Need Block Mounting Brackets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Convertible red with black trim
Need some Help, please. I need a pair of the D1ZZ-6030-A and D1ZZ-6031-A Mounting Brackets for a 429 in our cars. I have a '71 Mach that is currently a 351CJ car. It seems all the sources for this have ceased to exist. Crites closed up shop on at the end of December 2023 and Mustangs Unlimited doesn't appear on web searches any longer. I've had this car since 1978 and I've been aching to do a 550+ inch with her for a long time, but life got in the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Need some Help, please. I need a pair of the D1ZZ-6030-A and D1ZZ-6031-A Mounting Brackets for a 429 in our cars. I have a '71 Mach that is currently a 351CJ car. It seems all the sources for this have ceased to exist. Crites closed up shop on at the end of December 2023 and Mustangs Unlimited doesn't appear on web searches any longer. I've had this car since 1978 and I've been aching to do a 550+ inch with her for a long time, but life got in the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm not sure if these are what you're looking for, but if you go to www.kijiji.ca under "what are you looking for" type 1971 Mustang -all categories-search-Canada, if the link below doesn't work. There is a guy in Calgary Alberta named Rob selling a pair of 429 frame mounts. He does not give the part numbers, but I assume these are what you're looking for. He list a phone number to text +1-403-835-0785. He's looking for $100 CAD.
https://www.kijiji.ca/b-engines-and-engine-parts/calgary/c318l1700199
It looks like the link is the full monty. I can't find a way to directly link the post, sorry. Good luck.

EDIT, I sent this guy a message from my own account with a request for the numbers. I'll let you know if and when he replies.

Last edited:
I just got an email from Rob on Kijiji. What he has are the frame mounts, but he can't see any numbers on them other than LH and RH.
From a post I found from Hemikiller on another forum, they would be D1ZZ-6028-A and D1ZZ-6029-A
So not what you're looking for.
However, there is a set of supposed frame mounts for the 429 IF Rob is correct. I'll try to find out more and will update later.

Hello, Stanglover. Those are the frame engine support brackets for the 71-73 351 convertible and 429 both convertible and Fastback/Coupe. I can use those as well. I'll give him a call. Here's a pic of the block brackets I'm after. These are Ford part number D1ZZ-6030-A for the R.H. and D1ZZ-6031-A for the L.H.

Attachments

• 1971 429 Block Mounting Brackets D1ZZ-6030 and 6031-A.jpg
    1971 429 Block Mounting Brackets D1ZZ-6030 and 6031-A.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello, Stanglover. Those are the frame engine support brackets for the 71-73 351 convertible and 429 both convertible and Fastback/Coupe. I can use those as well. I'll give him a call. Here's a pic of the block brackets I'm after.
Ok that's good then. I did tell Rob that someone (you) might call or text him. Also thanks for clarifying the parts you need.
I have a friend and also a member, who could have used those a couple of years back. He put a 460 in his Mach 1 and made his own frame mounts.

Last edited:
Ok that's good then. I did tell Rob that someone (you) might call or text him. Also thanks for clarifying the parts you need.
I have a friend and also a member, who could have used those a couple of years back. He put a 460 in his Mach 1 and made his own frame mounts.
I've chatted with Rob about the Frame Mounts. Thanks for the assistance!

Call this guy. He will make a pair of engine brackets that will fit the Cleveland frame brackets . I have used them many times. Roy 815 627 9410

I've chatted with Rob about the Frame Mounts. Thanks for the assistance!
You're welcome and I hope it works out for you.
I did message him to please see if he can check for numbers on the parts. He had not cleaned them up at that point. I would hate for you to get them only to find out he was mistaken. If he took them off a car with a known 429, then all should be good.
Good luck with your build.

Call this guy. He will make a pair of engine brackets that will fit the Cleveland frame brackets . I have used them many times. Roy 815 627 9410
CandyRcode:
I talked to Roy. He said he's got sketches and samples of the frame and block mount parts and can build the block brackets to fit the combo I need. Thanks for the lead.

You are most Welcome. He made me a set for a '73 back in the early eighties. Several sets for other earlier apps. He is a machinist, welder, fabricator, FORD encyclopedia and a Mustang guy with gray hair. But that's not all. He is intelligent and easy going. If I were Female I would marry him. LOL

A joke for all. What did the deer say when she came out of the woods? I'm not doing THAT again for two bucks!

You are most Welcome. He made me a set for a '73 back in the early eighties. Several sets for other earlier apps. He is a machinist, welder, fabricator, FORD encyclopedia and a Mustang guy with gray hair. But that's not all. He is intelligent and easy going. If I were Female I would marry him. LOL

A joke for all. What did the deer say when she came out of the woods? I'm not doing THAT again for two bucks!
LOL 😂. As far as the marriage idea goes, when I called, Roy's wife answered the phone... 😉

Did you follow up further with Rob?
He messaged me to say thanks for the contact. Regardless, I suggested he try to find the part numbers so others will know for sure what he has.
Even though he's been on Kijiji for 14 years as a seller, I would still be cautious. When I buy anything (or sell for that matter), I insist on a pic of the parts packaged and a pic of the package with your name and address on it and ask for a tracking number to be emailed along with a pic of the receipt before I e-transfer money.
I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday and he bought some parts off a guy on one of the sites. All looked legit, he sent the guy the money and never received the parts. He never did get his money back.

Did you follow up further with Rob?
He messaged me to say thanks for the contact. Regardless, I suggested he try to find the part numbers so others will know for sure what he has.
Even though he's been on Kijiji for 14 years as a seller, I would still be cautious. When I buy anything (or sell for that matter), I insist on a pic of the parts packaged and a pic of the package with your name and address on it and ask for a tracking number to be emailed along with a pic of the receipt before I e-transfer money.
I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday and he bought some parts off a guy on one of the sites. All looked legit, he sent the guy the money and never received the parts. He never did get his money back.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll ask for those pics as a precaution. I told him what the numbers should be and they do look correct. I did ask him to send me a couple of pics of the parts from the side. I can tell if they're correct from those. They look different than the others from the side. My '72 CJ Convertible has the same brackets so I know what they should be.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll ask for those pics as a precaution. I told him what the numbers should be and they do look correct. I did ask him to send me a couple of pics of the parts from the side. I can tell if they're correct from those. They look different than the others from the side. My '72 CJ Convertible has the same brackets so I know what they should be.
That's good Tom. I get the feeling this guy is legit, but one never knows these days. Ask politely and if he baulks, ditch the deal.

Agreed. I get the impression he's okay. Did he tell you that the 429 '71Cougar these came out of was a parts car belong to his best friend who died in the last year? He agreed to sell the parts for his friend's widow. He said the only other parts he had left are the front spindles from it. That checks out, he also has those listed on Kijiji.

Agreed. I get the impression he's okay. Did he tell you that the 429 '71Cougar these came out of was a parts car belong to his best friend who died in the last year? He agreed to sell the parts for his friend's widow. He said the only other parts he had left are the front spindles from it. That checks out, he also has those listed on Kijiji.
No, he didn't tell me anything like that. We just kept to the parts listed.
Was the Cougar frame the same as the Mustang?

No, he didn't tell me anything like that. We just kept to the parts listed.
Was the Cougar frame the same as the Mustang?
Yep, during the '67-73 era they were essentially identical, only body panels and sound deadeners were thicker on Cougars. I was friends with a guy who's father ran a Mercury dealership in our town. He had a '71 429CJ Cougar. From the bottom you couldn't tell them apart.

I'm not sure if these are what you're looking for, but if you go to www.kijiji.ca under "what are you looking for" type 1971 Mustang -all categories-search-Canada, if the link below doesn't work. There is a guy in Calgary Alberta named Rob selling a pair of 429 frame mounts. He does not give the part numbers, but I assume these are what you're looking for. He list a phone number to text +1-403-835-0785. He's looking for $100 CAD.
https://www.kijiji.ca/b-engines-and-engine-parts/calgary/c318l1700199
It looks like the link is the full monty. I can't find a way to directly link the post, sorry. Good luck.

EDIT, I sent this guy a message from my own account with a request for the numbers. I'll let you know if and when he replies.
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the lead on the 429 frame brackets from Albert. I just finished up the deal today. Turns out the electronic transfer of money from the U.S. is way more difficult than it should be if one of the parties won't use something like PayPal!

Back