Need Edelbrock Manifold Help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Conv; 1 of 17; 351C, 2V, Auto
I bought an Edelbrock 2750 manifold used.

Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of the opening and the screw are for that I have highlighted?

Does the opening need a cover plate or does something get bolted in there?

Can the bolts used for the existing 2V manifold be used for the Edelbrock or do I need to get new ones?

Thanks in advance!EDL Manifold 2.jpg

I believe the big hole is for the EGR if you wanted to run one. My new intake came with a block off plate for that. and the threaded hole is for vaccum i believe. You can use your stock intake bolts. I bought some stainless bolts in a kit for the whole 351C motor pretty cheap on ebay.

I have that intake. The choke stove isnt needed if you put on a Holley with an electric choke, or if you dont need a choke. The one on the right is the manifold, or "constant" vacuum. I need some help remembering but i believe my original single points vac advance distributor was hooked uo to the manifold or "constant" vacuum. Now i have the 2750 with a 4150 on top. THe holley has multiple vac ports but i believe the MSD advance is connected to the constant vac tube in the front passgr side of the carb under the bowl.( I dont think it was tuned with a intermitnt vac) there is another vac port on the back of the 2750 for the tree that connects the brake booster and trans. The PCV goes to the back of the carb obviously.

Back