Need help Identifying 71 Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codyjones2

Reaction score
My Car
None
So im in the middle of buying this car and the guy is giving me a screaming deal on it, it was his brothers and the seller is not a car guy, he cant tell me much about it.

This is the info he has given me, can anyone help me out to find exactly what car im looking at? Maybe an estimated Value?

"1971 Mach1 429 4 Speed

355 Yukon limited slip nine inch rear gears... is in need new rear rubber (causes unknown) interested?"

Welcome.

You'll need a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) or at least the first 5 digits of same.

Should be something like 1F05C of 1F05J. Check dash, door and title.

If not - it isn't a real big block car.

Couldn't see pics but might be my 'net security settings.

Ray

Make certain the VIN matches on the Windshield plate to the door sticker to the title. For extra security the VIN is also stamped on the driver side fender support under the fender on top. Have to pull the fender to see though. Looks like a decent car if it is a true big block.

Make certain the VIN matches on the Windshield plate to the door sticker to the title. For extra security the VIN is also stamped on the driver side fender support under the fender on top. Have to pull the fender to see though. Looks like a decent car if it is a true big block.
The VIN should be on both Left and Right inner fenders. Like stated hidden under the fender. When DOT does inspection here they make us take the fender off if there is any questions.

The carpet in the car is not Mach 1 original style but could have been changed.

Now make us all jealous and tell us what the deal is. If real and needing complete restore in the low 20's or low teens. Rust makes it go down from there.

best image hosting site free

::welcome::  from Luxembourg, Europe.

Yes, we'd need the VIN to know if it is original or not. Still if it has a 429 and a 4 speed it is pretty cool, no matter what, only a little less valuable.

If a true 429, I can imagine a good reason for needing new rear rubber (tires)...

The guy wants to sell it for $6500. Numbers matching, all original. Clean title, still waiting on the VIN

The 5th character in the vin should be C or J if it's a real 429 car. Just remember it's only going to get 5 to 10 mpg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a steal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be the deal of the century if the VIN checks out, numbers matching 429, little to no rust, etc. Keep your wits about you and make sure there is nothing else fishy like the car is stolen. Even if it needs a restoration that price is very low. Hard to believe there are any of these out there where the person does not know what they have, even if they aren't a car guy. It's easy enough to check values online. The fuel economy estimate of 5 to 10 MPG was pretty accurate, mine gets 7. heh

I'd buy it myself if that car checks out as a real numbers matching 429, even a non matching one for $6500 isn't bad in my opinion

Come onnnnnnnnnnn gas mileage. Im sure he dont care about any stinking gas  mileage

just kidding lollerz

Latest posts

Back