Need help with fuel system redesign

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both good suggestions.  I probably won't build the sump right away as I would only do that on a new tank.  Considered using the hydromat when I was looking at in tank electric, but not sure I can get one in through the sender opening and positioned in a manner to make it worthwhile.  I will make sure that the pick up is nice and low to the bottom of the tank and keep enough gas in it to try and avoid any starvation issues
Check out Glenn's Performance for a tank with sump.

http://www.glennsperformance.com/product_info.php?cPath=78&products_id=137

Great find on the tank!-I may just have to pull the trigger on that!
One thing to consider when making the choice between a HP mechanical pump and an electric pump is the vapor point of the fuel being used and the potential for vapor related fuel issues which can be exacerbated by the larger diameter fuel line and the high capacity mechanical pump.

Good stuff on calling the guys for your needs and pulling the trigger for the RobbMc gear. The rear sump that Luke put up is the best way of doing things, besides a trick baffled fuel tank. An old trick but a great one and works well whether on a high powered streeter to a blown 1500+HP big block, cheap easy and works. The vapour line is another thing I'd highly recommend as well. Should work well when it's all together. Good luck with it all.

Just be aware with a high flow system sometimes you will need to up the vent size. The fuel system has a lot of outward flow so your breather needs to keep it from pulling a vacuum

Latest posts

Back