New 71 Fastback here from Memphis T.N

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: 1st indoctrination I had when I acquired, you could say a sibling to yours was researching everything about your vehicle. Getting a couple illustration books on components of each year's mustang, either on disc or books, volume of that year, and all the catalogs of all the different mustang parts companies available, (should be free or with purchase of a part that you can not get through salvage) ie Ohio mustang, cj pony parts, Mt laurel mustang, Johns mustang, mustangs unlimited, of course all the mustang parts companies found on this website. You will find a lot of precious information from Hemmings magazines from their main one, to classic and muscle magazine as you will find a good source of companies that can either restore components from radio, conversions into quartz ie tachometer.....I cannot put my finger on the "Hemmings" cataloque that covers the most optimistic article about 71-73 mustangs. You will find out early in the game that as all the different model per each of the 71-73 years, "no one model fender will fit some other model in that year as my 72 mustang has different fenders than the Mach I,.....If you really want to see a project mustang from every aspect of body to paint job and electrical side of it will be enterred on my profile in the near future. Upon sanding down every inch of the body and chassis, I found as you will see a nightmare of @ 6 pages of body work alone you can center on quicker if you go straight to msc images. As somewhere sooner or later in a short period or further up the road, you may decide to take the step from original restoration to modification. In my case, I knew what I wanted right away and saved a lot of time bypassing stock and going straight to resto-mod.Although it @ 7 years and counting to finally enter into a car show under "Modified" Category @ our local but largest AACA sanctioned car show, got 2nd place. All of the facts on what it seems to me the restoration you are going to go through, see my profile, from performance, handling, rebuilding the body and the electrical story to come. ...... Happy New Years from cpy cat @ ground zero.

welcome from SE Michigan.. Cant wait to watch your restoration unfold.. keep updates coming.

::welcome:: from central South Carolina.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Phoenix!

What are your plans? Return to stock or make it 'your own'?
::welcome::When you say it need a complete make over, per se, do you have the manuals, a good hook up with the closest salvage yard that still as a couple big body mustangs laying around, a good rapport and knowledge with e-bay, all those after market parts companies as Year one, Mustangs unlimited, Ohio Mustang, Mt Laurel Mustang,...CJ Pony, Virginia Mustang, Johns Mustang, Hemming Motor News support.....? I was not as lucky to have this website when I started restoring my 72 Q code convertible, back in 2003. Also AACA out of Hershey and MCA? (antique and mustang clubs can save you a lot of time and money)MCA as AACA natl HQ I believe is in Ft Walton Beach, FL.But, finally, it has been ressurected as a resto-mod (Antique) however throughout all this time w/a lot of car parks attended around here, "ground zero, per se" Only one big car show, AACA sanctioned here in Latrobe, PA 2012, came in second place in modified class. See my mustang between on 72 mustangs and msc images. Mike

As noted by bkdunha, I am also in Memphis (Raleigh area) and may be able to assist (or add encouragement) as you continue the journey with your Mustang.

Please feel free to "PM" me for contact information if you need to chat or discuss the plans for your Mustang.

WELCOME to the Site!

BT

Good to see that the love for the 71-73 Ponies is not just an old guys itch; 21 sounds like a long time ago--but it is good news. Even the youngsters love these Stangs! Well--kum from FL.

welcome from SE Michigan.. Cant wait to watch your restoration unfold.. keep updates coming.
"Will do"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back