Hello my name GERMY from Texas, do you love my 1972 Mustang Fastback 351W ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you say you put a flex hose on your car.?I would think you would have put the correct hose on there as it should be considering all the other stuff you are trying to get correct.

Did you put a flex hose on your car? if you want things to be correct, the hoses at least need to look as if they belong there. You need to find the correct hose. Sorry, but a flex hose shows you're not serious.

Did you put a flex hose on your car? if you want things to be correct, the hoses at least need to look as if they belong there. You need to find the correct hose. Sorry, but a flex hose shows you're not serious.
Fuzzyflash, Yes it is flex hose. Dayco part#81071 from Autozone for $23.25. Here is a pic of the new Windsor correct PS bracket with the Dayco flex hose. It seems to fit great and I recommend for anyone in a pinch to get their car running. I tried to find a molded hose and did not have any luck, I will get one later on in the project. Your Mach1 is a stunner, There is no way I can restore mine to that level, but I am serious about keeping this beautiful car out of the junkyard and on the street. That I can do. windsorbracket.jpg

Thanks. My tractor was struggling, I need to go ahead and grab a cherry picker for real.
Don't get anything less than a 2 ton. The boom will be too short with a 1 ton but still doable. Last time I pulled my motor, I only had a 1 ton available and had to strip the bumper right back to the rad support. Also get a leveler and a carb base adaptor to lift the motor.
I was not able to work from the side in case anybody is asking that question!!

Hello and welcome from Tennessee! Good looking stang. This car will have a lot of character when you’re done with her. You’re never really done with a car. There’s always something.

Check the linkage from the shifter. If that is ok be careful. If the torque converter didn’t seat in the pump correctly you can wipe out the trans.

Did you install the trans or was it already assembled?
Video of my FMX shift linkage right now. Something doesn't look right

View attachment fmx_shift.mov

It looks more like a truck shifter rather than a Mustang but you may be able to rework the handle part. It's the shift mechanism that is the hard part to find.
By the way, there ought to be a 1/4" notch through the body to use for alignment of the linkages and set the gears. Red arrows. Maybe I just can't see it with my old eyes!

Attachments

• IMG_0440.1.JPG
    IMG_0440.1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
It looks more like a truck shifter rather than a Mustang but you may be able to rework the handle part. It's the shift mechanism that is the hard part to find.
By the way, there ought to be a 1/4" notch through the body to use for alignment of the linkages and set the gears. Red arrows. Maybe I just can't see it with my old eyes!
Cool. I'll take better pics when I get it. I've heard horror stories of people paying $600 for new Toploader shifters that don't work, so I rolled the dice and see if i can make this one work.

Cool. I'll take better pics when I get it. I've heard horror stories of people paying $600 for new Toploader shifters that don't work, so I rolled the dice and see if i can make this one work.
Yeah fingers crossed.
I paid about $300US just to have mine rebuilt at Hurst. 600 for a good one wouldn't be too bad, but not for a clapped out one.
I have a few more pics if needed,

Back