New '72 Member from Ohio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from West Texas (where it actually IS warm and sunny - LOL).

Are those 16" or 17" Magnums? They actually look interesting (I've seen the ad pictures, but never actually on a car). Good lookin' 'vert! Looks like you've got some black stripe action on the hood vents going on as well.

Very cool!

greetings from the NY snow belt. nice wheels, looks like you got a good deal!

Unbeateable combination of colors on a 72: Bright Blue Metallic with Argent stripes. They were made for one another. Try adding argent treatment to the hood and you'll reach the next level for this set of twein colors. Welcome from west central Florida, Tampa Bay area.

Happy New year.

:huh:

WOW! Some quick and friendly replies! I'm sure I will learn much on this site.

Just purchased this '72 convertible from a dealer that may not have known what he had...and I was suprised at what I received when it arrived (yes...I bought it from pics and an inspection). VIN (and dealer) indicated a 351 2V. Received a 351C 4V Holley...Headers...air shocks. Very similar to the '71 Mach1 I had 41 years ago!

Still determining what I have and what it needs. Body is pretty clean...some plastic but not enough to concern me right now. Interior a little rougher but very doable.

Look forward to picking your guys brains (and experience). Thanks again.
This site is the best group of guys (& a few gals) on the net.

Nice looking vert. You can order a Marti report and learn how it came from the factory. What are the first five VIN characters? Also the door code data and buck tag plate on the front of the radiator support tell part of your cars story. Post that info & we can help decode if you like.

Thanks Don:

2F03H I believe tells me that I have a convertible made in Dearborn with a 351 2V. The door data plate also gave me the suprise that it came with a blue interior. Which means someone did a nice job of painting/dying the interior black! :huh:

For you Mach1 guys (and gals) I can't help the temptation to post a pic of my '71 previously referred to that I bought when I was 17 and modified while in the Air Force...

[attachment=12863]

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbeateable combination of colors on a 72: Bright Blue Metallic with Argent stripes. They were made for one another. Try adding argent treatment to the hood and you'll reach the next level for this set of twein colors. Welcome from west central Florida, Tampa Bay area.

Happy New year.
Hello and thank you.

The hood has scoop painted stripes in DARK argent ... which carries through to the trunk lid.

For you Mach1 guys (and gals) I can't help the temptation to post a pic of my '71 previously referred to that I bought when I was 17 and modified while in the Air Force...

[attachment=12864]

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Chesapeake VA!

WOW! Some quick and friendly replies! I'm sure I will learn much on this site.

Just purchased this '72 convertible from a dealer that may not have known what he had...and I was suprised at what I received when it arrived (yes...I bought it from pics and an inspection). VIN (and dealer) indicated a 351 2V. Received a 351C 4V Holley...Headers...air shocks. Very similar to the '71 Mach1 I had 41 years ago!

Still determining what I have and what it needs. Body is pretty clean...some plastic but not enough to concern me right now. Interior a little rougher but very doable.

Look forward to picking your guys brains (and experience). Thanks again.
Welcome from South Carolina. Love the colors!

Welcome from Maine!I'm a newbie here too.Great bunch of guys here!

Welcome from West Texas (where it actually IS warm and sunny - LOL).

Are those 16" or 17" Magnums? They actually look interesting (I've seen the ad pictures, but never actually on a car). Good lookin' 'vert! Looks like you've got some black stripe action on the hood vents going on as well.

Very cool!
Eric:

They are 17 inchers. The look great but a problem is that it is impossible to find RWL tires to fit them. I had BFG T/A's on my '71 and wanted the same look on this '72.

Hello and welcome from East Texas. What a great looking car.

I have been through your area often as my wife is from SE Ohio but has family in Dayton, Strongsville, etc.

Welcome to the family.

Looks like we have a few people from the Central Ohio Area...! We should plan get together sometime this summer.

Ted, my father was born in Shelby, just down the road from you.

Looks like we have a few people from the Central Ohio Area...! We should plan get together sometime this summer.

Ted, my father was born in Shelby, just down the road from you.
Shelby only about 25 miles from me. Nice to hear from you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back