New addition to the stable - 78 Mercedes 450SL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Picked up the Mercedes from my Dad two weeks ago in WI. He bought from a close friend of mine back in 2002. His wife's father had bought it new in 78 and when she graduated from college gave it to her. They used it as a regular driver for several years. It has 140K miles on it but the exterior and interior were restored before my friend sold it to my Dad. Dad found a guy in SE WI who restored Mercedes and he rebuilt the motor, so for all intensive purposes it is very nice and mechanically sound. This will be a fun driver for the wife and I on the weekends. Take it up into the Smokies and N. GA mountains on the weekends. It can use a good cleaning a few cosmetic interior touches but nothing very important and just when time and money permit. I lost my friend to a motor cycle accident in Dallas back in 2004 so this will be a good sentimental memory of him and all of the years my Dad has had the car.

Attachments

• Mercedes 1.jpg
    Mercedes 1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Mercedes is highly regarded in most circles,...............however, Ford advertised the Mach 1 as "challenging Europe's finest", so Mercedes BEWARE!

Attachments

• 1971 Mustang Billboard.jpg
    1971 Mustang Billboard.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
Mercedes is highly regarded in most circles,...............however, Ford advertised the Mach 1 as "challenging Europe's finest", so Mercedes BEWARE!
No comparison in my opinion. Mach 1 is vastly better in every way. It does have the V8 and this thing wallows around on the road with velvet like suspension. You definitely do not feel the road like you do in the mustang. It does not help that mine is concourse and on bias-ply tires either.

Latest posts

Back