Hello

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corrected picture in post #11 Mach 1 is paint code 4C Ivy Glow and not 4Q. It's been awhile since I looked at the paint code on the door sticker. Of course my wife told me that she was sure I was wrong about it being 4Q dark green. When I cleared out the drivers side of the car in the shop this morning I was able to open the door and read the tag. My wife retrieved her Marti report and doubly proved I was previously wrong today.

Disassembly for paint continues. Mostly by my wife, with my assistance for the hard to break loose hardware. Today I am assisting mostly by entertaining, feeding, watering, settling disputes, etc. With our two daugters (5&3) in the house while my wife works in the shop on HER Mach 1.

Brett

Corrected picture in post #11 Mach 1 is paint code 4C Ivy Glow and not 4Q. It's been awhile since I looked at the paint code on the door sticker. Of course my wife told me that she was sure I was wrong about it being 4Q dark green. When I cleared out the drivers side of the car in the shop this morning I was able to open the door and read the tag. My wife retrieved her Marti report and doubly proved I was previously wrong today.

Disassembly for paint continues. Mostly by my wife, with my assistance for the hard to break loose hardware. Today I am assisting mostly by entertaining, feeding, watering, settling disputes, etc. With our two daugters (5&3) in the house while my wife works in the shop on HER Mach 1.

Brett
Nice. Awesome your wife is so into this. Also, I feel for you. I have two daughters (6&4). Lots of disputes.

Thanks Jason!

Most of the exterior trim is re-usable. Provided the removal doesn't damage the pieces. The only piece that is not fixable in my opinion is the passenger side roof drip rail molding. It has some serious dings. The repos are a bit spendy. An email I got from someone parting out a fastback Mustang proves that good shape originals are crazy expensive; $250 for both. I was bummed this week to discover that the trim pieces are anodized aluminum and not stainless (like my project car). So I doubt we could save the passenger roof drip rail molding.

Brett

Back