New camshaft time! 377 in Cleveland with CHI 2V heads. IT RUNS! Video on page 2

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube]

Let there be life!

Finally got it together.  10.95:1 static, running on the stand with premium pump gas with octane booster.  

This is the Cleveland with that flat tappet setup from Howards.  MC230041-12DL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I'll jump in here, your cam and set up is very stout.

Im not a fan of roller lifters, too many friends have flat spotted the roller and broken needle bearings that wipe out the cam lobes.

With high lift #'s watch your valve spring compression and clearances, and dual springs is worse.

I've had alot of success with less lift and more duration and lobe separation.

Lobe separation 108 - 114*

112* and above = Driveability better low end torque

108* and below = Rough idle and increase cylinder pressure

I hope this may help with a cam selection.

Oh Man!!

I watched the video.....and the oil pressure reading on the guage, or lack thereof, was freaking me out! if I could only have ONE guage in a race car, I'd want to know what my oil pressure is at all times. Was it just not connected in the video, and why?

Oh Man!!

I watched the video.....and the oil pressure reading on the guage, or lack thereof, was freaking me out! if I could only have ONE guage in a race car, I'd want to know what my oil pressure is at all times. Was it just not connected in the video, and why?
I should have covered the gauge with tape or something, the Bosch gauges were not the best, and we had a nice Mac manual oil pressure gauge hanging off the side of the stand out of view.  There was plenty of oil pressure (70 cold idle), and a gauge, it just wasn't in view.

Back