New daily driver

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I sold the Golf to a buddy who needed an inexpensive but dependable car. It had 316,000 miles on it. Kind of sad to see it go.

2edpe0n.jpg

Was interested in a Crown Vic or variant but the wife said she wouldn't drive it & I should get a smaller car. Started searching for a rear wheel drive and found/bought this G35. I've had good luck with Nissans in the past...couldn't kill one I had back in college despite my very harsh attitude toward it. Got it for a good deal from the dealership a buddy sells cars at. It's very quick for a 6 cylinder and is a good size for my 1200 mile monthly commutes. Whatcha think?

3451uug.jpg

sgsqdz.jpg

2 friends of mine have G's and they like them. You should use one of your Machs for a daily driver...:D
I thought about that but I put a LOT of miles on the daily driver...sometimes 4,000 per month but usually it's 1,800 to 2,000. I'd hate to wear out a Cleveland engine with junk miles from boring Interstate travel. Maybe I should drop a 302 in one of them and have at it. ;)

Donnnnnnn. After what you did to me today. Do you REALLY want my HONEST opinion! :p
You only know of part of what I did to you yesterday. {Insert evil laugh here}

Congrats... I'm surprised it is a rear wheel drive.
Me too. I first saw the car and for kicks I looked under it at the dealership and saw a rear axle. At first I thought it was an AWD version so I opened the hood and saw the engine was mounted the way it really should be mounted. After some research when I got home it turns out that most of the Infinity and Lexus car models are true RWD. I never knew.

We test drove a 2013 G37 vert last night. Super nice car but sadly to say Stace bought a vert 2SS Camaro
And you let her? Friends don't let friends buy new chebbys.

Nice car Don! The G35 is a sporty car with lots of luxury that'll run for ever if taken care of. Great choice!

Jim
I hope so. The luxury is nice and comfortable and it is quite sporty.

Congrats Don, I like the G35's. It is basically a 350z which is a very good platform.
So I've learned. I didn't realize I was getting a 4 door Z...didn't even know such a car existed. Many of the Z performance parts are a direct swap for those who want to spice it up. But my spice dollars are all allocated for Mach 1s. ;)

I like it. Nice looking, very dependable, and it's red
The red is a bonus. Maybe that's why I looked at it in the first place. That makes 5 red cars at my house with 4 in the driveway. I've already bought 2 car covers to tone it down but it's a lot of red when the covers are off. :D

Fun fact: the G35s were sold under the Skyline name in Japan. So you can tell people that you have a Skyline and most will think of the GT-R Skylines. Also there was an all wheel drive version of the sedans. Sorry if I'm babbling I'm just a fan of the G35s.

Last edited by a moderator:
The g35x was the awd version. They also have g37 which is a new beast. Nissan and ford do have similar design in their production vehicles most people would be surprised.

Back