The "survivor" made it to it's new home in Colorado.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks here might remember the low mile all original 73 Copper convertible I sold recently. The story is sad but has a happy ending. I was haggling with a gentleman on the price and didn't hear back from him for a few days. To my dismay, I got a call from his son that his dad, the gentleman interested in the car, died suddenly one morning while hunting with friends and family at the family lodge in Ohio. He had just gotten back from a trip to France and suddenly collapsed and could not be resuscitated. He led a good life and was with people he loved so I find solace in that. His son agreed to buy the car at my asking price. I kept the car for a month so he (a veteran and reservist) could wait for his brother to make it out of basic training so they could drive the car from Birmingham back to his home in Colorado Springs. They flew into Birmingham in the middle of the horrible winter storm Elliot and made the trip back home without incident. He sent a picture of the car at its new resting place. I was so nervous the car might have some mechanical failure, but the car did not let either of us down. The young man owns a speed shop and I think this car might be the recipient of a fuel injection system and some other mods in the near future. He is very happy with the car, and I now have some money to dump into my many many projects. Everyone is a winner. Here is the car now. You can see the snow on the tires. I am not one who enjoys driving old cars
in the snow. God favors the dumb and the adventurous!

imagejpeg-0(28).JPG

Man, Kev... what an ending to an incredible last 3 months. Yes, a chapter closes for you but a whole new adventure for these 2 young men. Like I said, you and their family are now connected by more than just a car. This is a whole other level. I'm glad they and the car made it safe and I am sure they are happy to have it home too.

It's a beast đź’Ş

Not many of these old girls see the snow anymore. Glad it made the trip safely.

Given the originality of the car I sure hope the new owner finds something different (maybe an old Chevy?) to scratch his mod and fuel injection itch!

I think of the stuff I used to do to my cars back in the day...picking up everything on sale at Pep boys or the local speed shop...ah youth, so much vigor so little wisdom...

It is a shame the buyer passed away before being able to ejoy the 73 Mustang, but it seems to be in a good home regardless. I would have no problem taking out 73 Mach 1, or 73 Mutang Convertible, on a cross country trip after nothing more than a fluid level and tire pressure check. Both are in magnificent condition, and built to run and run. We really enjoy them, tremendously. We take much pride in how we care for our cars, especially the vintage ones.

Attachments

• AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_3of4_20211007.JPG
    AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_3of4_20211007.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 0
I saw his post on one of the 71-73 FB groups. Sounds like you sold it to the right guy, he even did some front end work in a parking lot!.
Hey Hemi. He didn't mention that. I had the alignment done just before he picked the car up. I hope they got everything right. Could you send me a link? Thanks. Kevin.

Hey Hemi. He didn't mention that. I had the alignment done just before he picked the car up. I hope they got everything right. Could you send me a link? Thanks. Kevin.

I did some searches but can't find the post. If you want to PM his name, I can dig some more.

I did some searches but can't find the post. If you want to PM his name, I can dig some more.
I just texted him and he filled me in. He is not upset. There is no doubt he is the best owner for that car! He is a fantastic mechanic. He owns a speed shop. Can't wait to see what he has in mind for the car!

Folks here might remember the low mile all original 73 Copper convertible I sold recently. The story is sad but has a happy ending. I was haggling with a gentleman on the price and didn't hear back from him for a few days. To my dismay, I got a call from his son that his dad, the gentleman interested in the car, died suddenly one morning while hunting with friends and family at the family lodge in Ohio. He had just gotten back from a trip to France and suddenly collapsed and could not be resuscitated. He led a good life and was with people he loved so I find solace in that. His son agreed to buy the car at my asking price. I kept the car for a month so he (a veteran and reservist) could wait for his brother to make it out of basic training so they could drive the car from Birmingham back to his home in Colorado Springs. They flew into Birmingham in the middle of the horrible winter storm Elliot and made the trip back home without incident. He sent a picture of the car at its new resting place. I was so nervous the car might have some mechanical failure, but the car did not let either of us down. The young man owns a speed shop and I think this car might be the recipient of a fuel injection system and some other mods in the near future. He is very happy with the car, and I now have some money to dump into my many many projects. Everyone is a winner. Here is the car now. You can see the snow on the tires. I am not one who enjoys driving old cars

View attachment 71306
Christmas Eve, 1981, I found myself driving my '73 302 from Utah State to SLC in a blinding snowstorm - about 80 miles. No plows the entire way, and 8-10 inches of snow on I-15. And me with rear-wheel drive and bias-ply tires. It took me 5 1/2 hours to make it home at 15mph. Here's a pic taken just before I made that memorable (but slow) trip.
S1-snow1981.JPG

View attachment 71306
Now that is the epitome of a daily driver! Glad it worked out for all!

Back