New to me tow vehicle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
After 100k on the 2014 ram 1/2 ton with a towing package and 3;92 rear gearing I had gone through 2 transmissions towing the car and enclosed trailer. 15k miles of towing to various shows around the east and southeast US is tough on a half ton. and a 24' enclosed steel trailer. I have been on the look out for a diesel ram for about the past year. With used car prices going through the ceiling like everything else in this COVID economy I had resolved that it was not going to happen and I would resort to renting 1 tons from enterprise for the foreseeable future. In late April 2021 I still had my search engines running for a truck and one popped up as traded in at a local dealership the night before. They only listed it as a 2013 3500 dually diesel with 160K miles. I deleted the notification thinking back to the decision to hold off. I finished mowing the lawn that morning and needed to run to the store by the dealership so I figured I would give it a look. Glad I did, It was the color I had also been considering when I bought the 1/2 in 2015 and it was in very good condition. Took it for a drive and ran good. Decided to pull the trigger and picked it up the next day. I have hauled the car and trailer to PA, KA, and AL putting on about 7K miles and this monster does not even know the trailer is behind it. It is equipped with the HO 6.7 Cummins, AISIN commercial transmission, and 4:10 rear gear. Not including the weight of the truck it has a 30k towing capacity. I spoke with the prior owner and he had good experience with the truck. He traded it in for 4wd as he had difficulties at time getting his 5th wheel out of gravel parking areas. I plan to maintain this truck very well and hopefully keep it for many many years to come.

Attachments

• 2013 ram.jpg
    2013 ram.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 12
  • truck and trailer.jpg
    truck and trailer.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back