New Forum Member with tons of questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from Mobile! Enjoy the site! Don't be afraid to ask if you need an answer about something!

Welcome to the group.

you will get lots of tech help and help finding parts here.

I am about a 1/2 hour away form you in Sarnia Ont.

I also have a father son project going which is great but the down side is that his two sisters have put there orders in for the cars they want after the stang is done!!!

Looks like you have a good start.

Good luck, Marc

This is awesome; I have had a lot of great responses and look forward to the overwhelming support as I progress through the project. I will start off with my questions;

1. I am new to the "forum" scene, what is the best way/location to make new posts on progress and questions?

2. What is the best way to post/share multiple pictures?

3. Now to the car itself ....I have uncovered some less than perfect body work masked by a ton of body filler. Hopefully you can make out the detail in the pictures but on the RH side a lower rear quarter was put on and completely destroyed the feature line running from the front through the door and into the quarter panel. On the LH side similar only it looks like the upper was replaced leaving again a large valley where the new metal was not matched to the existing. Does this mean both quarters need to be replaced or is there some magic to bring the shape/form back?

GEDC0881.JPG

Looks like its time for full quarters. That looks like real mess.:( The trouble is finding full quarters. Their not available in aftermarket. So ether N.O.S. ( New Old Stock) or a good parts car is what your looking for. Aftermarket quarters might work. you will have to see how far above the body line they go. Finish striping the bondo off and post more pics. So we can see exactly what you have left to work with. The guys here will help you make the rite choice.

As far as what thread to use, I would start a thread in the "71-71 Mustang Talk" of your progress on the project. At least, that's what it seems like most have done on here. And of course, be sure to post up lots of pics!

There are a lot of great people on here who are interested in your project, (That's what the forums for!) so if you ask questions in that same thread they should get answered, but if they don't, just post them up in the Tech sections.

2. What is the best way to post/share multiple pictures?
host the pictures on another site..

right click the picture

go down to properties at the bottom and a screen will pop up.

The images URL will be halfway through the dialog box that pops up. Copy the image url.

On this site in your post, there is a little picture of mountains with the sun behind it (under the drop boxes that say Font... Text Size etc.) click this and paste the image URL into the box

this will put the picture directly in your post, and you can add multiple pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back