New from Colorado!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good looking car. I would agree with Don's comments on the pricing. Not sure on the wheel size myself. Looks to be a nicely equiped car with a Q-Code 4 spd. If you are not a buyer let this forum know, I am sure someone here would be interested or know others who may. If you do end up picking it up, please keep in touch. This is a great place to share and learn. No history of a Hurst addition, but as Don indicated were equipped from the factory with a Hurst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mister the vendor,

I am interested about this car. Looking for a mach1 with 4 speed is impossible here, in France.

I don't know what could be the right price for this vehicule in the states.

Just need to park her in a boat to cross the Atlantic.

I'm ready to pay the car and transportation, after very deep inspection of the car through pictures from everywhere.

Keep in touch.
Sometimes I feel like hollow man.

Is anybody can read my post? Or only me?

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Looks to be a nice, desirable Mach 1. -Really a good find. Straight and unmolested. It would be a great car to try and keep as original as possible.

As long as the cowls, floors and trunk drop-offs are not rusty - I would not give more than $2500 and to be safe expect that EVERYTHING will need to be refurbished/rebuilt. Great car and love to see its Marti report.

For the 71-3 Mustangs, I have never heard of any "Hurst" special designated models. ----Or for any year of Ford vehicles.

I know GM had a few and even International had one in their Scout.

Ray

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Looks to be a nice, desirable Mach 1. -Really a good find. Straight and unmolested. It would be a great car to try and keep as original as possible.

As long as the cowls, floors and trunk drop-offs are not rusty - I would not give more than $2500 and to be safe expect that EVERYTHING will need to be refurbished/rebuilt. Great car and love to see its Marti report.

For the 71-3 Mustangs, I have never heard of any "Hurst" special designated models. ----Or for any year of Ford vehicles.

Ray
2500 $, that's incredible, you can imagine what you need to pay outside of US. But it's like this.

My Grandé 4 speed get also the Husrt shift, from original.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray
2500 $, that's incredible, you can imagine what you need to pay outside of US. But it's like this.

My Grandé 4 speed get also the Husrt shift, from original.
Manu64,

from Google translate

http://translate.google.com

Et votre 4-vitesse Grande est un rare aussi. Avez-vous le rapport Marti pour votre voiture?

And your 4-speed Grande is a rare one too. Do you have the Marti report for your car?

Ray

Wow Ray. Only $2500? I think that is way low for a rust free car of any model. If it were priced for that it would sell immediately. Rust free means no rust repair and that's big $ for the repair or big $ to buy the car without the headache or shop time.

You know I respect your opinion a LOT on here but I think you're much too low for this one.

OK - I might be low on my valuation (might go $3500) but the car is not running, not together. Why was it dismantled and left that way????

So help me figure some true costs here:

Motor including parts and labor ?

Reassemble, bodywork and paint (remember cheap usually equals never done or cheap quality paint job) ?

Rear end, axles and bearings ?

Brakes, suspension and tires ?

Interior ?

To assume that everything is OK and needs nothing is just a little too optimistic for me...

So I try to protect myself. I say I try...

I'm just saying if the car was complete and in excellent shape it would be bring ?

"Rust free"? I'd want to look it over closely. If indeed - that is very rare and I can see a higher value applied.

Guess I am very skeptical... been burned a few times.

It (cost) adds up very VERY fast.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - I might be low on my valuation (might go $3500) but the car is not running, not together. Why was it dismantled and left that way????

So help me figure some true costs here:

Motor including parts and labor ?

Reassemble, bodywork and paint (remember cheap usually equals never done or cheap quality paint job) ?

Rear end, axles and bearings ?

Brakes, suspension and tires ?

Interior ?

To assume that everything is OK and needs nothing is just a little too optimistic for me...

So I try to protect myself. I say I try...

I'm just saying if the car was complete and in excellent shape it would be bring ?

"Rust free"? I'd want to look it over closely. If indeed - that is very rare and I can see a higher value applied.

Guess I am very skeptical... been burned a few times.

It (cost) adds up very VERY fast.

Ray
Ah, I see where you're coming from. I didn't realize it was disassembled. Yes, I agree it would have to have a very good rust inspection. I made some assumptions that you didn't make.

Looks like a really solid car to me, and I think some good points have been made. I'd give the motor a close once over, and make sure that it turns freely. Welcome to the forum! I'd buy it if given the chance

Mine was looking totally solid when I bought it (around 13750 $). And I did a lot of repair already on it, clutch, exaust and more, and I don't count my time.

And when I decided to remove the full interior included carpets, I saw what was really rsuty. Ok it's not critical, but still need to bring her to the shop to consolide the front floor pan and the right rear part, where the seat belt is fixed.

So, a full inspection is needed to really "see"and give an approximatly price on a car.

Thanks for the great welcome from everybody and I really want to thank everyone for their input on the car and your help in my attempts to assess realistic value for this Mach I. So far, I can see there is a lot of interest in a fairly "unmolested" car of this year and model. To address some of the questions and issues, let me follow up with some answers.

Pertaining to the "Hurst Edition": I thought this was a case of someone coming up with the idea of the Hurst Edition because, over the years, the reference to the "Hurst" shifter made them think it was something special. As OMS pointed out, all of the 4-speed cars had Hurst shifters. Weren't all of the 4-speed cars also top loaders?

manu64: I'm sorry I failed to respond earlier, it's just that I was away from the house yesterday helping a friend put an engine in a truck he's working on and I returned home very late last night.

Don65Stang: I'll have to check on the wheels but, IIRC, the owner told me they are 15s. Also, to answer one of your earlier questions (may have been in a PM), the set of wheels/rings/caps are complete and the only reason the front ring and cap isn't on the car is there was damage to the original tire.

Boss1Ray: If I could buy the car for the dollar value you've indicated, it would be a done deal. Unfortunately, the owner wants significantly more than you've stated. But, you bring up some excellent points. The original 351 is under the bench, where is was put years ago with the anticipation of switching the power to a 429. Things change, the original motor, 4-speed, front wrap, and virtually everything to put the car back together is available. In fact, the car could be assembled in original form and running in a matter of days. The owner also has a number of new parts for the car. The car was dismantled because the owner intended to switch to the 429 and essentially bring the car back to "like new" condition. Elimination of even the possibility of ANY rust was a consideration at that time. The only rust I've been able to see is some minor oxidation and the typical rust as shown in the attached pictures. Now would be the time to fix this! But, as they say, things change. The car hasn't been driven in years! But, it's also an undamaged, never wrecked specimen.

ebay has a '70 that is complete, rebuilt, but it is a 428 CJ car. They're "Buy It Now" price is $42,000.00 and it was just listed.

On Craiglist, in Denver, is a '72 Mach I (351/C6) that is repainted, but not completed, and there has been some deviation from "stock". He's asking $6,300.00 and it can be seen here...http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3846232928.html.

So, I'm continuing my search/research and I'll keep you all up to date on what I find out. At some point, I'm probably going to have to list the car on ebay, per the owner's wishes. If I do, I'll put the link to the car up on this thread.

Can I say again, THANKS to all for your help. This is a great site!!

DSC03004-r.JPGDSC03018-r.JPG

ebay has a '70 that is complete, rebuilt, but it is a 428 CJ car. They're "Buy It Now" price is $42,000.00 and it was just listed.

On Craiglist, in Denver, is a '72 Mach I (351/C6) that is repainted, but not completed, and there has been some deviation from "stock". He's asking $6,300.00
One thing you have to realize is that you can't compare a 71-73 to a 64-70 price wise. A 429 71-73 wouldn't bring close to what a 67-70 would of the same condition. Plus take into account that the 70 is probably numbers matching. Its even the same with the Bosses. A Boss 302 or 429 are going for very high dollars. It seems to me that the seller of the car your looking at may be valuing it a bit higher than its real worth.

I wouldn't go above $5000 if it is as truly as nice as you say. I cant understand why its missing the stripes and a fender (obviously an accident) There's still a lot of work to do. And it all depends what you want out of it too. If your going to fix it up and sell it then talk him down. I don't think $3000 would be an insult. But just remember these aren't the high dollar cars you may think they are. And you may not get your money back after a restore and sale.

If you actually like the car for yourself and want a nice 71-73 and you don't want to miss the opportunity for a good conditioned mach then you may have to go higher.

Either way it looks like a cool well optioned car. Good Luck!

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin, hope you figure out what you are going to do with the mustang.

One thing you have to realize is that you can't compare a 71-73 to a 64-70 price wise.

... I cant understand why its missing the stripes and a fender (obviously an accident) There's still a lot of work to do... I don't think $3000 would be an insult...

Either way it looks like a cool well optioned car. Good Luck!
You're right, I shouldn't have picked a '70, and a 428 CJ, as an example in this case.

The car is not missing any stripes. As Don65Stang pointed out, this car did not come from the factory with the hockey stripes, however the black exists on the rockers, below the trim, as it would have come from the factory. Also, you may have missed my initial post, where I indicated "This Mach I is a woman drive, never wrecked, and never damaged car." In the post immediately prior to your reply I indicated the front end, original motor, and virtually everything required to put the car back together was available. The tin was only removed in anticipation of a motor swap and complete reconditioning of the car.

Based on additional research, including (private) input I've received on this site, $3,000.00 is an extremely low price and I think such an offer would not be well received.

Again, I appreciate everyone welcoming me to the site and the input on the car. We'll keep working on it and I'll let everyone know if/when it is listed or if it is made available for sale on the open market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back