new from Louisiana

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
71 351C c6, back up camera on when ign is on, Acapulco Blue/Silver 32K miles 17" custom wheels, 8K tach in dash. replaced just about everything on this money pit. AC original blows popsicles. fun car to drive. cranks 1st time every time and idles at 800 rpm. wish i could figure out where to check the gear oil in the 9" rear end, damdest thing i've ever seen no plug
Read something w/72, sealed rearend?

Welcome from "ground zero" or in another words, Latrobe, PA. Have not seen your mustang yet, but does not mean you had not had issues in reseafching w/maintaining economic performance without losing the least, originally built for, performance. Just seen a clip on facebook from this weekend at Pittsburgh from California Streets, the builder specializing in the vehicles as zz top's vehicle. Voted, "Builder of the year". My problem is with a 3.5 rear axle ratio, 366 hp from engine or 256 hp from rear wheels, w/limited slip diff/posi, and Hurst 4 speed shifter into a Ford Toploader, into a 9.5 compression w/solid lifters, geared up like a 351 Boss, Cleveland to expect under 10mpg when sipping on fuel at 55 mph which it really does not like going that slows, as well, edelbrock 2 barrel intake manifold. I don't want to mod for fuel economy by replacing the trann/and 4 speed w/a 5 speed ie something like a .52:1 ratio in 5th gear but researching all avenues to someway installing something like an optional gear hooked up to pneumatics for engagement when in neutral going over 60mph then any tap on the brake will put it in disengage mode, then after a moment, can work the Hurst 4 in any direction I so deem. I feel, something a lot more modified than what the 13 Mustang that has an optional racing mode that only needs a push of a button on the dash and goes from normal roadway mode to race track performance, further than just from suspension but also, gearing. I have the QA1 13 level shocks in front coils for stiffness and air shocks w/traction bars and ant-sway bar in rear as well 45 X 60 X 8" BF Goodrich in the rear for decent grabbing with minimal fish tailing when upon optimal take offs, somewhere's about 6 seconds on the 0-60mph run. But might be wishing for the impossible for long trips of such modification to boost mileage to least 16mpg. Have read about the 74 Pantera De Thomaso's opting at 26mpg when coasting at 55mph. Like them, I also have a Holley Electronic Fuel Injection w/a 700cfm carburetor on the engine. Figure, how optional gearing on the hybrids might give me a little insight, however.....

Welcome from "ground zero" or in another words, Latrobe, PA. Have not seen your mustang yet, but does not mean you had not had issues in reseafching w/maintaining economic performance without losing the least, originally built for, performance. Just seen a clip on facebook from this weekend at Pittsburgh from California Streets, the builder specializing in the vehicles as zz top's vehicle. Voted, "Builder of the year". My problem is with a 3.5 rear axle ratio, 366 hp from engine or 256 hp from rear wheels, w/limited slip diff/posi, and Hurst 4 speed shifter into a Ford Toploader, into a 9.5 compression w/solid lifters, geared up like a 351 Boss, Cleveland to expect under 10mpg when sipping on fuel at 55 mph which it really does not like going that slows, as well, edelbrock 2 barrel intake manifold. I don't want to mod for fuel economy by replacing the trann/and 4 speed w/a 5 speed ie something like a .52:1 ratio in 5th gear but researching all avenues to someway installing something like an optional gear hooked up to pneumatics for engagement when in neutral going over 60mph then any tap on the brake will put it in disengage mode, then after a moment, can work the Hurst 4 in any direction I so deem. I feel, something a lot more modified than what the 13 Mustang that has an optional racing mode that only needs a push of a button on the dash and goes from normal roadway mode to race track performance, further than just from suspension but also, gearing. I have the QA1 13 level shocks in front coils for stiffness and air shocks w/traction bars and ant-sway bar in rear as well 45 X 60 X 8" BF Goodrich in the rear for decent grabbing with minimal fish tailing when upon optimal take offs, somewhere's about 6 seconds on the 0-60mph run. But might be wishing for the impossible for long trips of such modification to boost mileage to least 16mpg. Have read about the 74 Pantera De Thomaso's opting at 26mpg when coasting at 55mph. Like them, I also have a Holley Electronic Fuel Injection w/a 700cfm carburetor on the engine. Figure, how optional gearing on the hybrids might give me a little insight, however.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Glad to have you here! +1 on the pics and back-up camera!
PS.-The temperature got up to 73 degrees farenheit here in Latrobe, today. How's that for a record breaker. nationwide. How is it in Louisiana all the way up to Nevada today? It rained heavily yesterday, washed all the brine away, great day for cruising in this end of Westmoreland County, but tommorrow though in 60's, "heavy nrain and tumultuous thunder and lightning all day:. Then its goinhg to be "good night Irene", back to the winter blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back