Thinking about buying another one - advice needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be a cool DD, I'd can the AOD idea for a T-5! What would be cooler than 3 pedals in a wagoon!!

I want a similar vintage Ranchero... I don't have kids to drag around anymore.
Don't think I haven't though about this Jeff!

I've got a set of ginger Mach 1 seats, a ginger console, all the parts needed to convert a 71-3 mustang to a manual trans, and have a freshly rebuilt, hopped up 351c 4v engine and toploader trans already hooked together sitting in my garage floor. Right beside that engine/trans setup I've got a solid lifter Boss 351 cloned engine and a Tremec 3550 5 speed with scattershield bell and 3L50 rear chunk ready to go.

How about a Boss Wagon? That might be a bit much for a daily but sure woud be fun and sound great!

Don where is this car? I know one was for sale around DC last year looks very similar.

Don where is this car? I know one was for sale around DC last year looks very similar.
Southern car all it's life.

I keep an eye out for wagons as I drive around. The only ones I see are Volvos, VW sportwagons, and Subaru Outbacks. Never any old stuff.

That's too cool Don. I love all the old torino, fairlane & galaxy 's. I'm actually waiting on a 3.25 ring & pinion set in the mail from a 71 Torino in Tennessee. :D

Very cool Don.....Friend of mine wanted a classic wagon....he picked up a 66 Galaxie wagon, he loves it and uses it pretty munch as his DD in the summer.

By the way... I know a great home for that boss engine and the 5 speed! lollerz

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a 68 Country Squire for sale in Richmond VA White with red interior 390 with A/C for $2800

Despite my best efforts I have failed to convince my wife that the Torino wagon (or any old wagon for that matter) is or could be a longroof hot-hauling muscle car. She said she would refuse to ride in it with me and further said "do not buy that ugly car". So no matter how cool I think it is I cannot purchase it or any other wagon.

However, all is not lost for me because a hot looking car means nothing when I have a smoking hot wife (who will read this later and smile). ;)

Here's the Craigslist ad if anyone is interested: http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/4063629650.html

Let me ease your mind

I grew up with a very similar car that my dad owned for several years. They drive absolutely awful. Unless you did a modern front suspension and rear suspension conversion I do not believe that anyone could truly like driving one of those behemoths for more than a few miles at a time.

Let me ease your mind

I grew up with a very similar car that my dad owned for several years. They drive absolutely awful. Unless you did a modern front suspension and rear suspension conversion I do not believe that anyone could truly like driving one of those behemoths for more than a few miles at a time.
I love the way our Starsky and Hutch Gran Torino handled and it had the best Climate Control System ever.

Back