NEW GLASS INSTALL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, how many of the kits (N.P.D. part#214A10-1) do you need to do the qtr windows? Ryan
It comes with 4ft so you should only need 4ft. I'll let Scott comment. I will be doing my new glass next week.
Ok. Thanks for the reply. This will be on my list for things to do soon also. Ryan

Scott, how many of the kits (N.P.D. part#214A10-1) do you need to do the qtr windows? Ryan
It comes with 4ft so you should only need 4ft. I'll let Scott comment. I will be doing my new glass next week.
Ok. Thanks for the reply. This will be on my list for things to do soon also. Ryan
lollerz

Ryan 1 kit is more than enough

Looking at Q's posting history, he last posted way back in 2017 although it also shows he was here looking in May 2 at 10 am. I for one miss his  expertise and technical knowledge. I particularly enjoyed his "Saturday Morning Garage" videos. The man is a wealth of knowledge.

Nice review Scott!!! 

"Removing the 2 upper adjusting blocks and finally the 3 nuts that hold the glass to regulator plate."

I just want to add that for 73 the front windows are held in by rivets instead of nuts and bolts.  I had to get the nuts from Don when I put my windows back on.  This was for the Mach, not sure if all 73's were that way.  You have to use a grinder to remove the heads of the 3 rivets.  Other than that the rest the others windows are the same for all models.
I have never had to remove them to get the windows out. I have taken PW and manual out. Ford never makes the assembly difficult on the line. If I remember right there is a wide place at the front of the door and you drop the plastic pieces in there and rotate the window in or out. No need to remove them ever unless you need to replace a broken one. Will try to get some pics.

Is there a reason the drill bit has to be 12" long? Seems like you would be fine drilling it with a standard length bit, but I dont know.

Back