new guy from so cal with 72 coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome::also in So Cal. I too like seeing an EFI installation. Seen it done on 65-68 Mustangs, but not on 71-73.

Let's here it for So Cal. Another IE guy here. BTW I put a Windsor in my 71 for much the same reasons. Mine's got a carb but many a day I wish I had gone the other route.

Maybe once you get it on the road we'll do a run together. What fun!!!

CHEERS

Nice car (nice lady too)! I used to live in Chinatown in LA and in West LA afterward. Good times in SoCal...college, work, and played with one of the countless bands that roll through LA. Welcome to the site. :)

Rich

Thats the biggest reason why I went with the EFI cause ive never seen a 71-73 fueled injected so i decided I would break the mold and do it. and to all the socal IE guys on here hell yeah we should meet up or something that would be awesome, makes me want to get my car running even more.

Welcome! That certainly is a nice ar you've ggot and it sounds like you have equally good plans. I value the guys who restore and preserve, but I'm all for adapting modern technology where feasible.

Welcome! Nice project by doing a fox body efi and explorer block. I just happen to have all the same parts sitting in the corner of my garage waiting for me to decide what car I'm going to put it into. Was thinking my 65 but have considered doing it in one of the h codes I've got.

yup gonna try and fire this thing soon, just moved into my own place so im sure you all know what kind of headache that an be... but ill be back on it soon just a few more things to do and she will fire.

well this may seem like necro posting but I got the car to finally fire with the help of half the service department of the ford dealer I work at. all thats left is to clean up the wiring, get a drive shaft and put my 9in rear and exaust on the car and i can start terrorizing the streets.

well this may seem like necro posting but I got the car to finally fire with the help of half the service department of the ford dealer I work at. all thats left is to clean up the wiring, get a drive shaft and put my 9in rear and exaust on the car and i can start terrorizing the streets.
Right on! Awesome to have coworkers/friends help out in the fun. Get some pics and vids posted here, man. ::congratz::

Rich

when my car fired finally it was epic. full open headers with a 500 lift cam is something else and freakin awesome.

Hey new guy, nice work and I like the route you have taken to make this YOUR Mustang and I think you have found the right forum. One word of advice for you however, seach google about the TFI failures and how to relocate the TFI module off the distributor to the Inner fenderwells/engine bay. Recently experienced this and its a difficult diagnosis that will make you pull your hair out. The soultion is to fix it before it breaks. Ford had a recall on the TFI (gnition modules overheating and failing) so they put it on the engine bay in a heatsink and it was a successful solution. Look for 90&up rangers to have the heatsink on the inner fender area. Keep us posted wit your build and welcome - new myself

Interesting info about the TFI failures...never heard of this problem before. Good tip!
Everything was new from wiring to evey sensor, car would get warmed up and rough idle or die or run like silk to 3000 rpm then stall and struggle and miss.

We tried 5 remanufactured distributors, maf, iac, tps, massflow, plugs, wires, checked all grounds, + leads, relays, fuel pump, pressure regulator, filter, coil, 3 computers and NOTHING worked, finally tried the dist out of another RUNNING car and boom! good as new. Stupid TFI!!!!! what was worse is we put in 5 "remanufactured" dizzys and were all BAD!! Got a new one from NAPA and it was good. Learning everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back