New Member - '73 Q-code in Michigan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice that your father kept the car, nothing like the feeling of having something like that around, I have had mine for 18 years and am so glad I never sold it. Looks like a solid car to start with and another ::welcome:: from San Diego, CA!

Nice car. You might have the fuel pump plumbed backwards. Your dad might have removed the fuel pump eccentric from the timing gear and there might not be anything engaging the lever portion of the pump, or the new mechanical fuel pump might just be bad (doubtful)

If you can't get it, you are right to take it to a shop-trying over and over again can be hard on the engine internals.

Nice car. You might have the fuel pump plumbed backwards. Your dad might have removed the fuel pump eccentric from the timing gear and there might not be anything engaging the lever portion of the pump, or the new mechanical fuel pump might just be bad (doubtful)

If you can't get it, you are right to take it to a shop-trying over and over again can be hard on the engine internals.
I'm willing to bet this is most likely the case. I plan to take the timing chain cover off this weekend and take a look. At least it's not an expensive part, just a lot of time for such a small item. Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome from Coastal Alabama. Be sure to add a pin to our Member Map located under the "Fun Stuff" tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back