New member from Ontario

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Canada they went by the nicname of the widowmaker designation was the CF-104. I think that the U.S.airforce used them. Made by Lockheed F-104 Starfighter
YOU are correct on the f-104. As soon as you said it I got the old :idea: going off. They were a little before my time in the AF. We retired them in 69 and from the guard in 75, so. But I have seen them fly.

Very Cool !!

The one that is in the pic with my car was at a Wings and wheels car show last summer in Hamilton Ont at the Warplane museum. I'm searching for the pic of the car with a B-25 ...it looks amazing!

Very Cool !!

The one that is in the pic with my car was at a Wings and wheels car show last summer in Hamilton Ont at the Warplane museum. I'm searching for the pic of the car with a B-25 ...it looks amazing!
Maybe if I ever get mine done I will take it back to Shaw AB and see if I can get some pics with a couple of F 16's

I was going to make a "wise crack" about seeing F-104's fly, but if they were flying in the mid-70's I suppose I was around... he he! Never saw one fly though. Anyway, what strikes me about the "vintage" stuff today (cars and planes) is the quantity of designs and manufacturers we used to have in this country (and Canada).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back