New owner right here! Please read :)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Oklahoma.

I like that green too. It reminds me of another member's car from Uruguay.

Damian Mustang.jpg

Sadly he sold the car. He was really cool and fun. Sure miss his posts and PM's.

He is into Alfa Romeos now. :dodgy:

Ray

Welcome from coastal Alabama. The green would be fine if it were a little less monochromatic in the normally blacked out areas. From what I can see it looks like you have a 302. The coupes are nice and can looks every bit as cool as their convertible and sportsroof brethren. Keep up the good work and I completely agree with lowering back to stock then going an inch lower. I will look like a different car.

Thanks a lot fellas! I appreciate the welcoming and opinions/ideas. I have ordered a few more cool stuff and will find the appropriate thread to post in it later!

Welcome from Oklahoma.

I like that green too. It reminds me of another member's car from Uruguay.

Sadly he sold the car. He was really cool and fun. Sure miss his posts and PM's.

He is into Alfa Romeos now. :dodgy:

Ray

Yup that was the original color. I wouldn't really mind having that but what it is right now with chrome/black contrasts look pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind... It's a 302. I found 302 markings on the cylinder heads while doing refinishing my valve covers and gaskets.

23ABF074-BA73-482D-9D28-F86544C5BF69_zps2dvwetrt.jpg

Hello guys. I'm new here, new to domestics, new to muscle cars, new to ford. My father had a '71 Mach 1 with 351w, and I still remember how great that thing looked and sounded. I have always been into muscle cars but never pulled the trigger on one. I guess I had been waiting for the right moment. I'm a BMW guy and still own a few of them. Recently sold my E39 M5 and with the $ I got from its sale, I dropped my '73 Bavaria at a restoration shop and purchased my '72 notchback. Car looks great and sounds great. I can tell it was restored few years back with lots of cut corners but it's nothing serious that I can't repair. Guy had it for sale for $8k, I offered him $6k and told him I would pick it up in 15 minutes. He agreed so I went to check it out, interior was horrible and it had few missing stuff here and there so I told him I would give him $3.5k and started walking away, then he goes "alright $4k" So I paid him and drove the thing back home. Good deal? :D Late at night, rainy day, all fogged windows, no brakes... worse driving experience of my life. :D I immediately grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, and started making a list of everything missing and needed upgrades. I had a few grand spared so I was able to order all the parts the same day and got pretty much everything installed by now and she looks %99 complete. The kid I bought the car from had no idea what he had and couldn't tell me what's going on with the car so now I have a few questions. First of, the color. Original color looks to be dark green but it's repainted in this olive green type of paint. Does anyone know what color it is to be exact? Suspension. It looks pretty lifted and I was told it has gas shocks and aftermarket coils. What do you guys think? I'm thinking about lowering it as I don't really feel the 4x4 look lol. And last but best, the engine. I believe it's supposed to have 302 but a friend of mine who's into these cars told me its most likely a cammed 351w. It sounds great and pulls pretty hard, but wasn't really able to test its limits since brakes were horrible. I just did the disc brake conversion so I will be able to have some fun. I have uploaded a video clip, could you guys be able to tell what it is by hearing it? Thanks in advance.

::welcome::From 'Ground Zero'! I got one of those polished turds too and paid $@2,500. back in 03 and actually have about 10% of 2,500 miles driven that was not driven to this or that garage as I am not a mechanic but at the beginning of my 'golden years', per se, was bound and determined in doing a clunker the way I wanted. PS, got a lot of horror stories about driving with no brakes, that its, after it has been in one shop and another for brakes, and still 'no brakes'. I call myself 'Mustang Dynasty' because of all the money I put into it, a dynasty would have spent on their mustangs as well if there was a mustang model like mustang- has a Grande, I'd call it Mustang- Dynasty(for all the extras I put into it, not only for the creature comforts but also, I hope, in the areas of performance, efficiency, and safety. I like the way you have it all those photos as if starting a biographical photo album. See my photo album or under 72 mustangs, concourse and msc you will see from my first photo when I acquired it from a mechanic shop class highschool student that had it dropped into lap from his BOCES(per se) shop teacher as what I recall those shop classes were under. So, where in N.Y. are you at? I was Elmira, non regents highschool diploma by a couple classes and no shop classes back in 73, then did my tour for my country then college then....Mikke

Welcome aboard!

When I bought my car it had a case of the 4x4's. Went with new leafs and Springs giving it a 1" drop over stock (many over how it was lol)

Old vs New

iyke7fM.jpg

Resulting ride height

VyGUyAo.jpg

Not sure of the exact color I did not paint it, But it's a metallic copper. Original was 5M medium copper metallic.

Back